English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

10-22-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 4

Flex 5, won´t turn on, no LED indicator

2020-10-22, 20:34 PM

Hi. I´m new to the forum. 

I have an IdeaPad Flex 5 14ARE05 (Ryzen 5). 

Early today I turned my laptop on and a message about a system update, not windows, appeared. There was a laoding bar but it didn´t change for 5 minutes. Then, it suddenly flickered for about 3 times and turned off. I tried to turn it back on but nothing happened, no fan, no screen, no backlit keyboard, no beep. 

I plugged the AC cable (USB-C) but the LED indicator never turned on. I though it was the adapter, so I plugged it into a different device and it worked. So I believe it´s not the adapter.

I tried different suggestions, such as pushing the reset but on the side, holding the power button, combining some keys with the power button and nothing. 

I remember that yesterday Windows notified me about an update before turning it off. So I let it download and apply the updates. I didn´t turn the laptop back on until early today before work. 

Options

15 Posts

10-07-2020

United States of America

9 Signins

145 Page Views

• Views: 145
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Flex 5, won´t turn on, no LED indicator

2020-10-22, 22:43 PM

Hi Rick00.

I have maybe the same laptop (16 Gb RAM, 256 Gb). I don't remember the forum where I read for sharing the link, but it said BIOS firmware has an issue making the USB type-C AC adapter nonfunctional. It was fixed a) recharging the battery with rounded-tip conventional adapter and b) updating up the BIOS firmware; after that, type-C adapter works again. ¿Did you update BIOS firmware? From Lenovo Vantage you can do it.

Anyway, I hope you can solve your issue.

Options

3 Posts

10-22-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 3 of 4

Flex 5, won´t turn on, no LED indicator

2020-10-22, 22:54 PM
Hi. I tried updating the BIOS firmware before but the laptop didn´t allow me; it showed an error during the installation process, so I left it that way. The laptop didn´t give any problems until now. I´m going to try your suggestion. Thank very much for your reply.
Options

1 Posts

12-12-2020

Brazil

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 4 of 4

Re:Flex 5, won´t turn on, no LED indicator

2020-12-12, 20:09 PM

Did you solved it?? I got the same problem!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms