Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-22-2021

Philippines

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 4

Flex i5 always crashes on Zoom Meetings

2021-06-22, 0:42 AM

Hello, My Zoom Meetings always crashes on my Lenovo Flex i5. I have tried to reinstall zoom and even reformat my windows, still the same problem occurs when I run Zoom. Will greatly appreciate any help or suggestions on this. Thank you!

Options

4067 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

253 Signins

22683 Page Views

• Views: 22683
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Flex i5 always crashes on Zoom Meetings

2021-06-22, 8:50 AM

Welcome to the Community Forums @Samanzo 

Thanks for sharing your query. There might need to further isolate the issue; have you tried to test any other online platforms if they would cause crash after remarkable usage, particularly Google Meets, Skype, Webex, etc?

If so try running diagnostic scan for your device to see if there are any hardware failure to the unit. You may include the scan results here for us to know.

Try to run these test, I hope you may find significant results related to the issue.

Try to run a System File Checker:
- Launch the command prompt "CMD" from the search bar
- Type in the command prompt "sfc /scannow" without the quotation marks
- Hit Enter key
- This will scan the system for any corruption and repair problems

Initiate a check disk for any hard disk issues:
- Launch the command prompt form the search bar
- Type "chkdsk C: /f  /r " (excluding the quotation marks) 
- The chkdsk command will only work if it has complete acces to your disk. You may type "Y" to schedule a specific volume to be checked. You may hit Enter
- This tool will scan for hard drive issues or bugs that it may find

Lastly, please share your machine type model / MTM (ex. 81C70000RK) to help find details on the machine variant. You can check here how to find your machine type model / MTM which consist of ten characters.

Let us know.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

06-22-2021

Philippines

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-06-22, 11:24 AM

I greatly appreciate your immediate reply. I will definitely run the diagnostics. 

My FLEX i5 model number is MTM:82HS009KPH

I also tried this solution that I found online earlier. "Let Zoom Run on Your Most Powerful GPU" 

Go to Graphics Settings on your windows and place the Zoom app or program on the "High Performance" Option.

I used Zoom several times then. I have not encountered any crashes since I changed the GPU settings. Though I have not yet tried Zoom with several participants.  

Thank you very much Dex!

Options

4067 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

253 Signins

22683 Page Views

• Views: 22683
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-06-22, 13:48 PM

Hi @Samanzo 

You're welcome. Good to know you've found a workaround on this. If you'd ever come around this issue once more, please run all diagnostics instructed above and include the scan results in your reply so we can check out.

Til then.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms