Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

03-31-2021

Chile

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 2

HID I2C driver problems with the touchpad, its not working

2021-03-31, 22:44 PM

HID I2C driver problems with the touchpad, not working

Hi,

Since some time I've been experiencing some touchpad related problems, its stopped working after a time of use, but after a restart the touchpad started working again, but the issue was still happening. So I decided to take a look in the drivers but all seems fine, without yellow markings, then started disabling and enabling different HID devices from device manager, a then the I2C HID started showing the yellow marking with CODE 10, then, i decided to unistall that driver and restart the computer, but that didn't change the behaviour, the I2C HID stopped showing from device manager, and now the touchpad is unresponsived after a restart.

Then I looked for hidden devices in the device manager and the HID I2C device wasn't showing, but an unknown device was showing as hidden, after some workarounds i decided to unistall the unknown device and restart the computer but now that device its not showing. I did the same with the mouse compatible i2c drivers shown has hidden.

I'm now without ideas. I just wanted to use a functional touchpad, now is unresponsived all the time.

I installed driver easy and updated all the drivers, and windows update is up to date. No change

My machine is a Lenovo ideapad Gaming 3-15ARH05

Please help devide manager status

Options

1202 Posts

05-14-2020

United States of America

503 Signins

6220 Page Views

• Views: 6220
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:HID I2C driver problems with the touchpad, its not working

2021-04-01, 13:40 PM

Hello,

Have you validated user settings are configured to have the touchpad always on?

Open Windows Settings and plot through mouse and touchpad options.   Often there is a check box, disable touchpad when mouse connected.  Also disable touchpad when using keyboard.  Maybe also disable touchpad when using touchscreen.  Validate these are set to never disable touchpad.  :)

The same for mouse actions, so that mouse is always on as well.   {I prefer wired USB mouse for troubleshooting.  Bluetooth mouse requires additional step of bluetooth configuration....}

Some touchpads have special place to click to disable touchpad.  Check user guide and assure touchpad is enabled.

Some "hot keys" or special combinations of FN+<somekey> will disable touchpad.  Check Windows Knowledge base for details.

After user settings are configured for touchpad always on no matter what option, perform hard reboot.  DON"T use the power button.  Use the mouse and select Windows menu power options.  I always use "SHUTDOWN" although "RESTART" is also appropriate.

Try enforcing using "SHUTDOWN" or "RESTART" instead of hibernate and suspend for a week.  Perhaps the problem will resolve after multiple hard reboots.  Windows performs limited automated diagnosis and repairs during hard restarts, so not everything is checked every time....

Also, are BIOS settings at "Factory Defaults" and "Optimize for OS?"

If no joy at restart:

Validate Windows is up to date, find Lenovo hardware diagnosis program, I use Lenovo Vantage, likely it is pre installed, but also available on Microsoft Store.  For preinstalled program search install software list for Progams with "Lenovo" as first word in title.  At least one should contain a hardware diagnosis application.  Run the hardware diagnosis.  If it finds a problem, correct the hardware problem.

Then using Vantage progam to activate the web page, or navigate to the support.lenovo.com site for your exact computer (Visit eSupport Here link at top of page is convenient to use, plot your serial number into a search window.)   On that support.lenovo.com page is a link to probe and update drivers.  Do so.  Also probe for BIOS update from same page.  Your system Hardware Maintenance manual will have detailed mechanical replacement information.  And may have troubleshooting guide to use.

Sincerely,

Usedtoberich

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms