English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-20-2020

AF

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

ideapad 330 15ARR Hard Drive problem

2020-09-20, 19:51 PM

i have the ideapad 330 15ARR

playing a low end game my screen turned black and nothing worked so i turned it off by pressing and holding the off button. Upon starting my laptop it took a long time to boot from black screen to lenovo logo. Once that was trying to load a message came on and said hard drive fix. it was trying to fix the D drive but it was taking too long so i turned it off again and on. Now its loading very very slow once i enter my password it takes a good 10mins to show all my files on my desktop. when i try to click on a folder the laptop completely freezes. Now i tried opening cmd and run the command “chkdsk /f d:” but it asked for administrator cmd but once i try to open that my laptop freezes again. 

is there a possible way for me to boot the laptop with the fix like the first time it tried to? I have warranty but i am not sure if it covers this.

i dont mind if i lose the files in my D drive only thing that is important to me is my C drive which is also my os drive (ssd) 

MOD: Model added to title - Doc

Options

11834 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

7072 Signins

741594 Page Views

• Views: 741594
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:ideapad 330 15ARR Hard Drive problem

2020-09-21, 1:20 AM

Hi Sait42,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You can use Bootable Diagnostics to check the hardware integrity of the system initially.

There may be other bootable rescue media that can run different fixes but if there is a hardware issue, I think they can't do much.

Failing to boot is supported by the warranty so you have options to proceed.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Update us how it goes best for you.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete