English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-06-2017

US

1 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 1 of 3

Headphone Jack not Detecting Earbuds

2017-01-06, 5:39 AM
I just started using a new Lenovo Ideapad 500 15ISK laptop. I tried plugging my earbuds into the headphone jack and they were not detected. I ran the Lenovo system update and reinstall the Realtek audio driver, but still no success. The laptop speakers work just find, and I am able to use my earbuds by connecting to via USB using a headphone amplifier. Any suggestions for what might fix this or did I just get a lemon headphone jack?
Options

3815 Posts

12-24-2015

IN

2177 Signins

71411 Page Views

• Views: 71411
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Headphone Jack not Detecting Earbuds

2017-01-11, 7:23 AM

Hi there, Venuur         -

Thank you for writing in to the Lenovo Forum - happy to have you here today.

Just to verify, do you get a pop-up notification whenever you plugged-in a headphone / earphone?

Link to picture

Also, you also might wanna check the Playback Devices under Sound Properties (by going to Control Panel (large icon view) > Sound > Playback Devices) and see if the Headphone is being set as the default playback device. If not, click on it and set it as the default playback device, try to play a sample sound and observe.

-Link to picture

Update us how it goes.

Regards,

Tap that kudos button if I helped 
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

Options

1 Posts

08-14-2018

US

1 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Headphone Jack not Detecting Earbuds

2018-08-14, 22:51 PM

I have been having the exact same problem with my Yoga 730-13. I bought it just over a week ago and this is the first time I attempted to use earbuds. The computer does not sense when I plug them in and trying to uninstall the Realtek Audio like the one how-to said did not work either. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete