Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

11-21-2020

India

4 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 1 of 4

Heating issues Lenovo Legion 5i

2021-04-25, 16:57 PM

Hello Team,

I am using Lenovo legion 5i for a while and whenever I play games or do some 3D modelling it gets worked up and the temperature goes up to ~86C.

Does it harm my device if the temperate keeps as such?
Is there anyway I can control it :

Should I be using a cooling pad to control this if yes what should it be?

Regards

Abhijith

Options

2382 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

151 Signins

13766 Page Views

• Views: 13766
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Heating issues Lenovo Legion 5i

2021-04-26, 14:10 PM

Hi BS156,

Greetings.

You may check on Lenovo Vantage to set the fan into Quiet mode.

If there is no option on Lenovo Vantage, go ahead and proceed to check it on BIOS.

Perform a static discharge/power cycle
- Make sure there is still remaining battery power, able to power up the machine.
- Disconnect all cables and/or peripheral devices connected to the machine (ex. power cable, hdmi cable, external mouse/keyboard, flashdrives, etc).
- Ensure that device is powered/switched off.
- Press and hold down the power button for as long as 60 seconds to drain flea power or excess voltage.
- The machine should remain in off state. Try after 60 seconds, turn the machine on again.

Perform/load BIOS defaults:
- Make sure that the machine is properly powered down/switched off.
- Find the Novo Button. How a Novo button should look like: https://support.lenovo.com/us/fr/solutions/ht062552
- Access/click this by using an unfolded paperclip or by using something similar to the latter.
- Machine will power up to Novo Menu. Navigate and select using the arrow keys to BIOS Set Up.
- Inside the BIOS Set Up, navigate to the Configuration tab
- To exit, tap on F10 and select Yes.

If these did not work in your machine, I suggest to update BIOS from our support site. Enter your machine serial number, go to Drivers and Software tab, click Manual Update - check and compare if the current BIOS version of your machine matches the version recommended on the support page.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

5 Posts

11-21-2020

India

4 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-04-27, 8:17 AM

Hello Dex_Lenovo,

Thank you for your response but If I turn the laptop to Silent mode, it would reduce the performance?

Can you suggest if I can use a cooling pad when I set in to 'Performance Mode'?

Regards

Abhijith

Options

2382 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

151 Signins

13766 Page Views

• Views: 13766
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-04-27, 21:05 PM

Hi BS156,

OEM do not offer specific cooling pad so any available and well referred part can be a choice.

There are third party add on and as always, checking reviews and return option can be a good guideline taking mind of how the vents are also placed in your model.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms