English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

10-29-2020

FR

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 4

Hotkeys mode switch to enabled automatically

2020-10-29, 13:53 PM

Hello,

I recently bought an Ideapad 3 and after few minutes of utilization, I found the Hotkeys mode (which allow you to, for example, raise or low the volume of your laptop just by pressing F2/F3 without using the Fn key) VERY annoying.

So i went to the BIOS in order to turn off this Hotkeys mode : this solution worked pretty well for a few hours, but without any warning the hotkeys mode turned on automatically again ! When I went back to the Bios, the hotkeys mode was enabled again ! I had to turn it off again, and the issue went back after few hours...

I have no idea of what's going on and I would like some help to turn off the hotkeys mode DEFINITELY. Any help ? 

Options

12059 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

7112 Signins

743034 Page Views

• Views: 743034
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Hotkeys mode switch to enabled automatically

2020-10-29, 14:35 PM

Hi Oceanologue,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Try going back to the BIOS and disable the hotkeys, save it in the Exit tab instead of F10.

Once you have it booted back to Windows, see My Device Settings -> Input & Accessories for key information in Lenovo Vantage to disable it.

Otherwise clean boot it and disable the any power management app in start up to disable.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Update us how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

3 Posts

10-29-2020

FR

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-10-29, 15:40 PM

I downloaded Lenovo Vantage Services at this adress => https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-c-series-laptops/c340-14api/downloads/DS543609

but no matter how I install it, I just can't open it in order to access to "My Device Settings". "Lenovo Vantage" is not find by Windows in the search tool, and going to C:/Program Files (x86) to launch directly Lenovo Vantage executable send me an error. I don't really like the idea of installing another software in order to remove an optional function anyway.

EDIT : I may perform a clean boot but whether I do it or not, the Hotkeys Mode WILL be disabled for a time + there is no power management app in my Startup services (here is a snap of my msconfig.exe services tab)

Options

12059 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

7112 Signins

743034 Page Views

• Views: 743034
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-10-29, 15:44 PM

Hi Oceanologue,

You are not uninstalling but just disabling.

If you do not have Lenovo vantage then try clean booting the machine to check unless there is a need to update the BIOS to correct this.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete