English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

01-12-2021

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

How do I reenable the function buttons?

2021-01-12, 19:55 PM

I recently got an ideapad, and I deleted the program that gives you those popups at the bottom of the screen. I now realize that completely disables those buttons, which I'd normally be fine with, but I deleted it with the microphone disabled, and now I can't get it to work at all. Is there a setting I can find, or do I need to reinstall that program, and if I do, what is it's name?

Options

2061 Posts

07-22-2010

US

9994 Signins

168157 Page Views

• Views: 168157
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:How do I reenable the function buttons?

2021-01-12, 19:59 PM

@ whenyoufart wrote:

I recently got an ideapad, and I deleted the program that gives you those popups at the bottom of the screen. I now realize that completely disables those buttons, which I' normally be fine with, but I deleted it with the microphone disabled, and now I can' get it to work at all. Is there a setting I can find, or do I need to reinstall that program, and if I do, what is it' name?

Welcome to the forums.  It may help other members to help you if you mention what model Ideapad you have.  With that being said most of the time you need the hotkey driver installed or you can control microphone mute from with in the Vantage app..

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
T14, T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

1552 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

174 Signins

8156 Page Views

• Views: 8156
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:How do I reenable the function buttons?

2021-01-13, 11:07 AM

Hotkeys (F1 to F11) are rarely tied to any specific program, but the onscreen notifications are. You should still be able to use the hotkeys by either pressing the F1-11 directly or by pressing the FN key + the hotkey.  Sometimes the device has a FN lock key as well (usually the Escape key, but sometimes Space bar) where if you press FN+Escape (key with lock icon) you lock the FN key, preventing use of the hotkeys.

This can also on most devices be changed in the BIOS under the Configuration tab. 

HotKey Mode - Enable =  Directly hitting the hotkeys (F1 to F11)

HotKey Mode - Disabled = having to use FN+Hotkey (F1 to F11)

Lenovo Vantage is probably the program you are referring to that you deleted.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms