Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

07-19-2021

France

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

How to connect 2 external screens on "LENOVO Ideapad 3 15ARH05"

2021-07-19, 15:46 PM

Hello,

I am trying to connect 2 external screens to my "LENOVO Ideapad 3 15ARH05" computer by connecting one screen via HDMI and the other via USB-C but the screen connected to USB-C does not work.

Can you help me please ?

I'm on Ubuntu 20.10

Regards,

Options

3120 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

193 Signins

17879 Page Views

• Views: 17879
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:How to connect 2 external screens on "LENOVO Ideapad 3 15ARH05"

2021-07-19, 16:15 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums @alexandrebru83 

Checking on product specification sheet shows the USB C port is a 1x USB-C 3.2 Gen 1 (support data transfer only).

Monitor Support
Supports up to 2 independent displays via native display and 1 external monitor; supports external monitor via HDMI® (up to 4096x2160@60Hz)

The same can be found on the user guide (page 3) of IdeaPad Gaming 3 15ARH05, 

USB-CTM connector:
Connect to an external storage, or data devices.
Note: An appropriate adapter may be needed for connecting external devices. This connector cannot be used to connect external display devices.

Hence, the HDMI port is the sole port responsible for extending the display of your machine. You may want to check the docking compatibility matrix for any compatible docking station specific to your machine, but it would be a challenge.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

1 Posts

07-21-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 4

Re:How to connect 2 external screens on "LENOVO Ideapad 5 15ITL05 82HT"

2021-07-21, 23:33 PM

How can I use 2 monitors or extend my desktop to two monitors?  I have a docking station, but my laptop will not recognize the monitors.  I will return this laptop if I cannot connect 2 monitors.  Please help!!!!

Options

3120 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

193 Signins

17879 Page Views

• Views: 17879
  • Message 4 of 4

Re:How to connect 2 external screens on "LENOVO Ideapad 3 15ARH05"

2021-07-22, 11:02 AM

Hi @Hezekiyah 

If the subject of your post is still on Ideapad 5 15ITL05, as stated on the product specification sheet that it can support two independent display coming from he monitor of laptop itself and from the display through the HDMI port:

Monitor Support
Supports up to 2 independent displays via native display and 1 external monitor; supports external monitor via HDMI® (up to 4096x2160@60Hz)

You can try to browse the Lenovo Smartfind using your machine type model / MTM for a compatible docking station, but just a heads up that it would be a challenge to find a designated docking that is intended and specific to this model.

As an alternative, you may instead try to use a display splitter to project two external displays from your machine.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms