Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-10-2021

India

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 5

How to increase vRAM on Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 (82HU00CQIN) (Ryzen 7 5700U + Vega 8 Graphics)

2021-06-10, 7:52 AM

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 (82HU00CQIN) Ryzen 7 5700U + Vega 8 Graphics Model.

The current vRAM is set to 512 MB. My laptop has 16 GB RAM, so I would like to set vRAM to 2 GB.

I have tried doing this in BIOS, but it doesn't have the Advanced Panel.

Options

2493 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

270 Signins

12656 Page Views

• Views: 12656
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:How to increase vRAM on Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 (82HU00CQIN) (Ryzen 7 5700U + Vega 8 Graphics)

2021-06-10, 8:19 AM

Hi Aahan73,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

To do this, you'll first have to enter the BIOS, to do this follow the steps below:

- Select the Start Menu, then choose Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. Under Advanced startup, select Restart now. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > UEFI Firmware settings
:or:
- Press the power button to completely shut down the unit.
- Press the Novo Button - The button can be reached/clicked by an unfolded paperclip or similar.
- Choose the BIOS setup.
- If you do not have a Novo Button, then repeatedly pressing F1 of F2 or Shift + Power button (FN+F1 or F2) on startup will take you to the BIOS.

Now while in the BIOS, under the "Configuration" tab, look for a setting called "UMA frame buffer", and choose the desired amount. 

In the event you do not have this setting in the BIOS, make sure you have the latest BIOS version for your device.

You can find and install the newest BIOS drivers from the Lenovo Support Page
Just plot in the serial number of the device, click the search icon and select your device, then head to Drivers & Software, select Manual Update, then select the BIOS section
Right click the files in question and select "Run as Administrator".
**Note: Make sure the AC adapter is connected and that you have at least 30% battery charge when performing BIOS updates. Do not turn off the device while the BIOS update is running as this can cause serious damage to the motherboard and prevent the device from functioning properly or at all.

If you still do not have this option after being on the latest BIOS version, then this is most likely locked in an Advanced menu which are only accessible to developers.

Hope this helps

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

2 Posts

06-10-2021

India

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 5

Re:How to increase vRAM on Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 (82HU00CQIN) (Ryzen 7 5700U + Vega 8 Graphics)

2021-06-10, 9:23 AM

Hi Voithos,

I have already tried all these several times, they don't work. I have the latest version of BIOS, but still can't find the setting.

It would be really helpful if you can provide any solution.

Aahan

Options

2 Posts

03-10-2019

United States of America

4 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-06-10, 11:59 AM

I'm trying to find a post on upgrading ram on an ideapad 330 to something higher than 4gb.  Can someone direct me to the correct post?  I apologize for interrupting this post.

Options

1 Posts

06-16-2021

Germany

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-06-16, 10:07 AM

Hi, I do have the same problem. I tried all the methods and still can't see the frame buffer on my Bios.

Looking for any help that can change the Vram from 512mb

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms