Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

01-22-2017

United States of America

8 Signins

71 Page Views

• Views: 71
  • Message 1 of 3

How to switch from Alps to Synaptics touchpad driver?

2017-01-22, 1:18 AM

I'm attempting to solve the issue of the touchpad delay after typing.  This is a well known issue, easily fixable in the Synaptics control panel by turning off Palm Check.  However, my Flex 3 1480 came with the Alps control panel, which doesn't offer ANY options for turning off touchpad delay.  How do I switch over to the Synaptics driver, instead of the Alps driver, so that I can use the full selection of options available to Synaptics users?

NOTE:  I've seen various solutions suggested on the forums, none of which have worked.  Some of those include turning touchpad to "no delay" in the mouse settings, deleting a file called FMAPP.exe, downloading the latest audio drivers, among other things.  None of these solutions worked for me.  That's why I want to change to Synaptics, so that at least I can go into the Synaptics settings and turn off Palm Check to solve the issue.  Any ideas?

Options

268 Posts

09-04-2012

Germany

912 Signins

8372 Page Views

• Views: 8372
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: How to switch from Alps to Synaptics touchpad driver?

2017-01-22, 12:00 PM
If I'm not mistaken, your device has an Alps touchpad. Thus, you won't be able to use the Synaptics driver.
Options

4 Posts

01-22-2017

United States of America

8 Signins

71 Page Views

• Views: 71
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: How to switch from Alps to Synaptics touchpad driver?

2017-01-22, 12:39 PM

Ok thanks, I thought maybe you can switch drivers anyway.  I did find my answer though, after searching around a ton.  If anyone else comes across this thread, here's how to disable touchpad delay with an Alps touchpad:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-Touchpad-does-not-work-when-typing/m-p/3316557

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms