Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

08-03-2019

Egypt

3 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 1 of 2

How to ventilate my ideapad 330 ?

2019-08-03, 20:10 PM

My new ideapad 330 has air vents only at the bottom with no side air vents .. so how will it be cooled while putting it on a table especially in hot weather and heavy usage?

and if i want to by coolingpad, which one will i choose blowing or sucking ? as i think my laptop now does both processes from the same site (the bottom)

Options

Betreff: How to ventilate my ideapad 330 ?

2019-08-04, 9:30 AM

Stop it with these useless cooling pads... They only blow air to the bottom side without the internal fan being able to even make use of the additional air that is being forced in it. They basically do nothing.

Well, they have rubber feet so that the bottom vents are not covered and still able to breathe. Remember, these are really small fans with a relatively low throughput, so they won't need much space to the bottom to appropriately breathe. For example, I have an older Acer model that doesn't get thermal improvement when lifting it into the air, just because the fans have such small throughput that they can make use of just the little space below the device, not more. Cooling pads don't even make sense on high-end gaming notebooks, and these have more powerful/larger/basically more fans and throughput, and even they just need the small space created by the rubber feet. Cooling pads are just "useful" because they occasionally offer additional USB ports (which they take off the integrated USB ports) and elevate the device, not their actual impact on cooling. You would need a better cooling solution in the device (which don't exist on the market), but not a device that just blows air on the bottom...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms