Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

76 Posts

10-28-2013

Lynbrook, NY

76 Signins

1282 Page Views

• Views: 1282
  • Message 181 of 246

Re: Idea Windows based Tablets and Convertibles Shipping Thread

2013-12-10, 2:44 AM
I got a call as well. Didn't give me dates but said they are expediting it free of charge and should arrive before Christmas.
Options

4 Posts

12-01-2013

United States

21 Signins

128 Page Views

• Views: 128
  • Message 182 of 246

2013-12-10, 2:46 AM
When did you order your yoga 2 pro? I didn't get a call and customer service ignored my emails lately... Not sure if the person is MIA or just ignoring me X.X
Options

76 Posts

10-28-2013

Lynbrook, NY

76 Signins

1282 Page Views

• Views: 1282
  • Message 183 of 246

2013-12-10, 2:52 AM
I ordered on 10/27
Options

14 Posts

12-10-2013

USA

12 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 184 of 246

2013-12-10, 20:26 PM

so weird with their shipping estimated dates. mine was ordered  november 28 sent to manufacturing november 29, they said estiamted ship date dec 20th. now i am seeing estimated ship date as 1/06/14 what the heck,. I was hoping for the laptop before xmas or around xmas time. i hope the date changes.

Also i was told that they dont have these laptops readily available they build them once the custom,er orders them so it also depends on availability of parts that could factor to why it takes long to ship. but this is ridiculous making us wait and not know even with these estimated shipping dates constantly changing.

Options

16 Posts

11-24-2013

United States

16 Signins

62 Page Views

• Views: 62
  • Message 185 of 246

2013-12-10, 21:03 PM

Welcome to the Club....

I ordered mine November 3rd, almost a month before yours, and it's coming december 16ish, even though estimated shipping date says December 30th

They are probably still having problems with manufacturing, although it might still come before Christmas, as i believe they might have fixed some of those problems.

Either way, Demand at this time of the season is high and they are probably having manufacturing problems (Which they will not tell you about, not matter how much you ask them, because of the possibility of it being released to the press)

You can try to find the laptop you ordered at Best Buy, but it might have more defects then if you wait for the one you ordered,

also, it will be really hard to cancel your order from lenovo (as others in this thread have experienced), and you might end up buying one from Best Buy, but having the one from Lenovo Ship out anyway, even if you told them to cancel.

You can try talking to Lenovo support, they might give you a more accurate shipping date, along with compensation (I got 75$ in accessories because of the delay). As my  own Lenovo order status still says ship out the 20th and arrive the 30th, even though Lenovo called and said that it will ship the 15th and come the 17th.

I believe the easiest way to get into touch with support is Lenovo Live Chat, which is all that I used. I find that it is easier than staying on Hold through the telephone all the time, not to mention it is 24/7, and you don't have to deal with misinterpretation through voice or whatnot.

either way, hang tight ;)

Options

14 Posts

12-10-2013

USA

12 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 186 of 246

2013-12-10, 21:20 PM
aplaza  thank you.
i have been talking to them on the chat support and they don't really tell me much. I am just going to wait it out and have it shipped from them no bother in canceling. The price I pad was about $300 cheaper than what I saw at other places like Best Buy. Must be a busy time.but they should manufacture and have ready there parts or at least have the laptops built and then if a customer needs something customized they should be able to easily upgrade a part.
The only thing I changed dfferent to the laptop I ordered was get a bigger hard drive. At least you know when you'res is coming. You should let us know when you actually get it.
Options

35 Posts

12-10-2013

Portugal

78 Signins

550 Page Views

• Views: 550
  • Message 187 of 246

2013-12-11, 4:32 AM

I preordered mine thorugh amazon on 31 october, as amazon is the only stores that ship them to portugal, and at first it said I'd get it by december, then it changed to january, and then there was no estimated date at all. Yesterday I got an e-mail saying it had been dispatched, even though they were out of stock, and today it was delivered before noon. I was rather impressed as this was the fastest delivery so far, it didn't even take a day. I opened it up and had some other dude's invoice inside, though the address and name on the package was clearly for me. It was on the original box and completely sealed, with plastic and all. Some guy probably didn't pick his up and it just got sent to the next in line.

I have to say, I feel incredibly lucky. I wasn't even expecting it for a few months.

Options

13 Posts

12-04-2013

USA

84 Signins

403 Page Views

• Views: 403
  • Message 188 of 246

2013-12-11, 18:13 PM

Just got the following email:

==========================================

Thank you for your recent purchase of a Lenovo 2 Pro.

Our planning teams knew this would be a very popular product, but we had no idea we would sell so many so fast. For that, we apologize as our manufacturing lines are struggling to keep up with the demand. Fortunately, all lines are at currently operating at maximum capacity and we are confident your order will arrive in time for Christmas. To help our chances even more, Lenovo has paid to upgrade the shipping to expedited freight on all Yoga Pro 2 orders. This means, your Yoga should arrive on your doorstep 2 to 3 days after it leaves our manufacturing facility.

We will continue to post the most current shipment dates on our Order Status page on Lenovo.com. This can be accessed via the link below.

In the next 24 to 48 hours, the new shipping dates will be updated on our Order Status site:

To monitor the updated shipping date for your Yoga 2 Pro, please click here.

Options

18 Posts

11-14-2013

Canada

83 Signins

313 Page Views

• Views: 313
  • Message 189 of 246

2013-12-11, 18:17 PM

I received this email this morning:

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for your recent purchase of a Lenovo 2 Pro.

Our planning teams knew this would be a very popular product, but we had no idea we would sell so many so fast. For that, we apologize as our manufacturing lines are struggling to keep up with the demand. Fortunately, all lines are currently operating at maximum capacity and we are confident your order will arrive in time for Christmas. To help our chances even more, Lenovo has paid to upgrade the shipping to expedited freight on all Yoga Pro 2 orders. This means, your Yoga should arrive on your doorstep 2 to 3 days after it leaves our manufacturing facility.

We will continue to post the most current shipment dates on our Order Status page on Lenovo.com. This can be accessed via the link below.

In the next 24 to 48 hours, the new shipping dates will be updated on our Order Status site:

We thank you for your business and appreciate your patience. The Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro is our biggest seller and we are doing everything possible to keep up with the demand for this new and innovative product. Sincerely,

Lenovo Customer Service
Raleigh, North Carolina 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ordered on 11/21 and my ship date is 12/20.

Options

18 Posts

11-14-2013

Canada

83 Signins

313 Page Views

• Views: 313
  • Message 190 of 246

2013-12-11, 18:20 PM

Looks like I'm not the only one. Must have been typing my reply while mgk1 posted his. :)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms