Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

08-06-2016

Bulgaria

2 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 1 of 3

IdeaPad 100 Keyboard Issues

2016-08-06, 14:02 PM

Hello! For a month now i have been experiencing several issues with my Lenovo laptop. I've went through lots of online tutorials but none worked, some even made it worse. I decided to come to this forum since the problems are making the laptop unusable :(

The problems are:

Almost all of my keyboard keys are repeating after being held for around 3 seconds (like thissssssssssssssssss), then it will randomly stop after some time. This is really annoying espically while playing a game (including all letters, numbers, ctrl, shift, backspace and the space bar)

The space bar presses itself randomly while typing (  lik e   t h  is ). Sometimes it doesn't press when i press it, and sometimes it doesn't stop pressing when i press it, unless i press another key. In the Login screen when turning the laptop on, the space bar is always active (fills the password box with spaces)

The Backspace button isn't always working too

These occur basically everywhere, browsers, games, text editors, everything that does something when a button is pressed

Laptop information:

Model: Lenovo Ideapad 100-15IBY

4.00 GB RAM, 3.88 of which are usable

829.2 GB total free memory space (C and D)

Nothing is plugged in except the mouse (problems occur with it unplugged too)

I have never spilled drinks on the laptop

What i tried:

Scanned for viruses with Windows Defender and AVG, nothing found

Cleaned junk files with Disk Cleanup

Removed all the keys and cleaned under them, no result (the space bar presses itself even with the key removed)

Increasing/decreasing the key repeating ratio (from control panel > keyboard)

Updating my drivers

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance :) ❤

Options

1 Posts

07-10-2017

Brazil

2 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: IdeaPad 100 Keyboard Issues

2017-07-10, 18:16 PM

Dear all,

I kindly request help with the following issue:

I recently purchased a Lenovo Ideapad 110S and have configured my keyboard for Portuguese(Brazil).

There are a couple of keys that don't match the symbols(for example , enstead of the question mark, I get colon or semicolon and I can not find the question mark in any other key.

thanks,

Options

1 Posts

05-23-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:IdeaPad 100 Keyboard Issues

2020-05-23, 23:06 PM

I'm sorry to see there has not been any replies to either of the keyboard issues for several years :0(

For several months, I've been dealing with my left shift doing nothing (no symbols or punctuation). The right shift key will do symbols after pressing three times in a row.

I do believe it all started with the Sticky Keys. I have had the Sticky Key warning and turned them on before accidently, but have always been able to shut it back off. I really don't understand the purpose of the Sticky Keys is and how it could screw up a computer so bad. I have taken the computer back to its original out-of-box settings (bought Aug 2015) and it still didn't reset the keyboard. 

I've searched online and found where you can re-map a keyboard but nothing for an IdeaPad 100.

I am disappointed there is not more support options for this and doubly disappointed that there is not a simple fix!

Please, let me know if you have any ideas!

J. APPLEGREN

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms