Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-10-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 4

IdeaPad 310 battery status LED

2021-06-10, 19:51 PM

The battery status LED on my IdeaPad 310 touch-15ISK is off when the AC power adapter plug is removed.  When I install the charger, the status LED turns on and is white for 5 seconds then blinks off quickly.  It repeats this cycle of 5 seconds on then blinks off as long as the charger adapter is plugged in.

Options

2361 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

150 Signins

13651 Page Views

• Views: 13651
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:IdeaPad 310 battery status LED

2021-06-10, 21:04 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums KaeT,

This light indicator signifies the power intake and the current percentage of battery, checking on the user guide (page 7) of the unit would specify the pattern of charging light indicator. Else, this could be considered as unusual if the LED light pattern on your unit is not showing any relevance to what is described on user guide.

Let us know.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

06-10-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-06-11, 1:13 AM

Thanks Dex.

I'd consider this unusual. Right now, the laptop will not power up and the battery status light is all that appears to be working. I'm just hoping someone has seen this condition and can offer some insight as to what I can do.

Options

2361 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

150 Signins

13651 Page Views

• Views: 13651
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-06-11, 16:17 PM

Hi @KaeT,

Thanks for getting back in the thread. I might suggest trying these steps if your machine is having a power issue.

Perform a static discharge/power cycle
- Make sure there is still remaining battery power, able to power up the machine.
- Disconnect all cables and/or peripheral devices connected to the machine (ex. power cable, hdmi cable, external mouse/keyboard, flashdrives, etc).
- Ensure that device is powered/switched off.
- Press and hold down the power button for as long as 60 seconds to drain flea power or excess voltage.
- Try after 60 seconds, turn the machine on again.

At this point, if the machine emits power lights only, check for either issues whether if this could be no post or no display.

It would be a no power issue if the machine has no signs of power light and no obvious light response.

No post issue if the machine has power light indicators but did not show any ways of booting to windows. Try to tap on the capslock key for any light response. If no light response at all, this is a no post and the problem might be on the internal part of the machine.

Otherwise, if the capslock light showed response upon tapping, try connecting an external monitor and see if there would be any display showing it booted to windows.

Let us know when convenient.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms