Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

07-01-2018

United States of America

6 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 1 of 2

IdeaPad 320 15 IAP screen upgrade

2018-07-01, 22:44 PM

Immediately upon viweing this laptops screen for the first time in have been unimpressed with it.. it has a 15.6" 1366x768(?) Resolution screen with horrible viewing angles, horrible backlighy, etc.. all together a nice little computer with a horrible screen..

My question is this:

Is it possible to install a 15.6" screen from a similar Lenovo computer that has a much much nicer screen?

And if so, what screens exactly would be comoaticom? (Plug and pkay)..

I would love a full HD (at least) screen with better viewing angles and if there's any compatible oled panels, I'd absolutely love to have that.

Thank you in advance everyone.

Answer
Options

227 Posts

06-16-2018

Philippines

115 Signins

1358 Page Views

• Views: 1358

Re: IdeaPad 320 15 IAP screen upgrade

2018-07-02, 12:22 PM
I too have an Lenovo Ideapad 320 but with a different version... the ISK variant.

From this Lenovo Ideapad 320 US Website: https://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/ideapad-300-series/Ideapad-320-15-Intel/p/88IP3000842

Yes there is an available 1080p screen. From this date, it's now in limited stock. And unfortunately, you have to get a new one instead. You cannot upgrade your own laptop model you just bought from the store.

The Ideapad 320 series is a budget multimedia laptop, and there are two major cons on this:

1. Display
2. Battery

And this applies to all models of this series...

I do not recommend buying this laptop when you are buying the cheaper one, because cheaper models have weaker specs, and then combined with the bad viewing display angle and around 5 hrs of battery, it's a sub-par laptop.

You better off buying better ones with a bit more expensive ones, with powerful specs, like mine.

I have the i5 8th gen and the Nvidia Geforce GT MX150 and it's been doing well for me. Even with a sub-par display and battery, it was still okay because this laptop model is a budget one, and you get what you paid for - no backlight, sub-par display and battery but with great specs, so it was okay.

Replies(1)
Answer
Options

227 Posts

06-16-2018

Philippines

115 Signins

1358 Page Views

• Views: 1358
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: IdeaPad 320 15 IAP screen upgrade

2018-07-02, 12:22 PM
I too have an Lenovo Ideapad 320 but with a different version... the ISK variant.

From this Lenovo Ideapad 320 US Website: https://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/ideapad-300-series/Ideapad-320-15-Intel/p/88IP3000842

Yes there is an available 1080p screen. From this date, it's now in limited stock. And unfortunately, you have to get a new one instead. You cannot upgrade your own laptop model you just bought from the store.

The Ideapad 320 series is a budget multimedia laptop, and there are two major cons on this:

1. Display
2. Battery

And this applies to all models of this series...

I do not recommend buying this laptop when you are buying the cheaper one, because cheaper models have weaker specs, and then combined with the bad viewing display angle and around 5 hrs of battery, it's a sub-par laptop.

You better off buying better ones with a bit more expensive ones, with powerful specs, like mine.

I have the i5 8th gen and the Nvidia Geforce GT MX150 and it's been doing well for me. Even with a sub-par display and battery, it was still okay because this laptop model is a budget one, and you get what you paid for - no backlight, sub-par display and battery but with great specs, so it was okay.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms