English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-07-2017

US

4 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 1 of 4

IdeaPad 700-15ISK Genesys Media Reader Driver Failing to Install

2017-07-10, 22:37 PM

I just got my IdeaPad back from Lenovo after an SSD failure (which only took a little over a month since the purchase to happen), and upon getting it back I noticed that my built-in SD reader as well as my USB ports were not recognizing external drives whether it be an SD card or USB stick. I need this to work in order to transfer data from my computer to the device I'm working on. 

When the SD is plugged into the built-in reader, it shows up as an unknown device in Device Manager, and when I select update drivers, it begins installing then pops an error message saying that:

- Windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them.

Genesys Logic USB3.0 Card Reader

Driver is not intended for this platform.

This makes no sense to me as this IS THE DRIVER from the Lenovo website for THIS computer on THIS operating system for THIS architecture. I have no idea what other driver it could possibly be looking for. ( Microsofts driver did not work either )

I've literally done everthing I could to get this to work. I did a fresh install of windows, reinstalled the updates and drivers. Nothing. So I uninstalled the drivers and rebooted. Inserted media is still unaccessible. Checked for more updates, there are none. I'm seriously at a loss. I need to be able to read from and write to my SD's for work but Windows 10 (Or a bad Lenovo driver ) is making that literally impossible. ( Note, Windows, in the Portable Devices section of Device Manager will show the drive letter for the device but it does not show up in File Explorer most of the times. When it does and I try to access it I get an I/O error. The SD cards work with other computers) I've tried running the driver in compatibility mode to no avail.

If anyone else is having a similar problem and knows how to fix it, please let me know. I am desperate for a solution and the Windows 10 forums and Lenovo Forums don't contain any working solutions to this problem. 

Side Note: I cannot roll my operating system back to a previous version. I bought the computer with Windows 10 preinstalled and it will not give me the option to downgrade to Windows 8 or 7.

Solved! See the solution
Options

29 Posts

06-17-2017

ID

40 Signins

445 Page Views

• Views: 445
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: IdeaPad 700-15ISK Genesys Media Reader Driver Failing to Install

2017-08-06, 13:38 PM

any luck? I have this problem aswell 

edit:

Just found a solution man! Genesys Logic USB3.0 Card Reader Driver version 4.5.1.2
apparently Lenovo is to lazy to update their driver page.

Mod's Edit: this post was marked as the Solution based on member's feedback.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

07-15-2016

RO

8 Signins

75 Page Views

• Views: 75
  • Message 3 of 4

2018-03-24, 13:33 PM
It totally works! Thank you so much!
Options

1 Posts

07-03-2017

NL

2 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 4 of 4

2018-04-05, 11:03 AM

Thank you so much, this solution should be posted everywhere!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete