English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

07-23-2019

US

37 Signins

352 Page Views

• Views: 352
  • Message 1 of 2

IdeaPad FLEX Battery Not Detected

2020-06-04, 20:14 PM

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad FLEX 14-IWL. I noticed today that it says "No battery detected" and when I hover over the icon on the taskbar, it has an x through the battery icon but says it is 255% charged. As soon as I unplug the power cable, the laptop shuts off (I am assuming since it can't detect the battery and I cut the power supply). It is a built in battery so I can't just take it out and replace it. Has anyone else had this issue and resolved it? Thanks in advance for any tips!

Options

11489 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

7016 Signins

739684 Page Views

• Views: 739684
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:IdeaPad FLEX Battery Not Detected

2020-06-04, 23:01 PM

Hi indyjones567,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You can try some battery troubleshooting steps here and see if this works for you.

Setting expectation, there may be possibility that you need to replace it specially if it still shows amber (page 3 user guide - Connected to ac power (battery power 1%–90%) even when connected for 2-3 hours not having any change to white.

Removing the battery and allowing it to cool in dry place for 2 hours then reseating back sometimes help.

Here is the hardware manual for recommended steps (page 31).

Checking the battery report aside from Lenovo Vantage can help determine if the battery needs replacement too.

(Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin), type powercfg /batteryreport at the command prompt)

Here is the guide on ordering parts if needed.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete