English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

12-10-2019

US

6 Signins

59 Page Views

• Views: 59
  • Message 1 of 24

IdeaPad Flex 14 CAMERA NOT WORKING

2019-12-10, 6:28 AM

When I open Camera, I get this message:

0xa00f4271<mediacapturefailedevent>0x80070018

Camera also does not work for Skype or Webex.

I have tried Windows App Store troubleshooter, toggling camera access permission, uninstalling and scan for hardware changes in Camera driver, downloading and installing updates, pressing F8, regedit Windows Media Foundation - EnableFrameServerMode, even a "workaround" from Lenovo, but nothing works. No, the lid is not covering the camera.

I also tried uninstalling Lenovo Vantage, but the problem persists. I reinstalled Lenovo Vantage, and it still does not let me reset camera settings. In the home page, it does not even show camera under Quick Settings.

My camera worked at least in July/August, but now it does not work. I suspect the issue lies in the update of Lenovo Vantage. Before the update, I kept usually camera disabled in Lenovo Vantage. Since the update, I have not used Lenovo Vantage until now, and I find I cannot adjust camera settings.

Options

415 Posts

11-04-2019

PH

139 Signins

6826 Page Views

• Views: 6826
  • Message 2 of 24

Re: IdeaPad Flex 14 CAMERA NOT WORKING

2019-12-10, 11:48 AM

Hi 

Welcome to Community Forums!

Lets try these following fixes.

Fix 1: Go to webcamnictest.com to isolate if the problem has something to do with your Camera Application.

Fix 2:

• Go to Device manager.
  • Right click on the Camera driver.
  • Rollback driver.
  • restart your computer.

Fix 3:

• Go to device manager
  • Right click on the Camera driver.
  • Uninstall camera driver.
  • Click here (enter your serial number then download and install camera driver).
  • Test your camera

Fix 4: Reset your webcam

• Click Windows key + I to open Settings app.
  • Select App and find Camera on it.
  • Click Advanced options link.
  • Then press Reset button and wait for the process to be executed.
  • Finally, reboot the system.

Fix 5: Perform System Restore to revert back your computer to a certain date that the camera was still working fine. Click here for your reference. Perform back up of those affected dates if necessary.

Let us know how it goes

Regards​

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.​

Options

3 Posts

12-10-2019

US

6 Signins

59 Page Views

• Views: 59
  • Message 3 of 24

2019-12-10, 17:42 PM

@Jhay02_Lenovo

Fix 1 - https://webcammictest.com/ says

NotReadableError

Fix 2 - no Rollback option is available.

Fix 3 - Does not work. Automatic Driver Update says

"No driver updates are required for your machine."

Tried Manual Update of Camera and Card Reader, both just downloaded files I already have. Perhaps there is some detail to "uninstalling" or "installing" that I am missing?

What happens currently:

In Device Manager, I locate USB Boot under Cameras (this is the only driver under Cameras), right-click Uninstall Device, the screen warns me and I confirm-click Uninstall, the Cameras driver disappears. But Automatic Driver Update finds no issues, and Manual Update does not make any difference. New error message from Camera app though: 

0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

Perhaps there is some issue in re-installing? Also, in Device Manager, Action --> Scan for Hardware Changes leads back to original error message.

Fix 4 - Does not work. Same original error message.

Fix 5 - Have not attempted, would like to avoid but if all else fails I will try it.

Options

415 Posts

11-04-2019

PH

139 Signins

6826 Page Views

• Views: 6826
  • Message 4 of 24

2019-12-11, 16:32 PM

Hi 

You can try these steps:

1. Make sure the camera app is turned on.

• Press Win+I (Windows key and I key) at the same time to open Settings Window.
  • Click Privacy.
  • Click Camera in left pane. If it is off, turn it on.

2. Check to make sure that it's connected and installed properly

Make sure that it isn't being blocked by anti-virus software, and that your camera drivers are up to date. If you need it, here's the error code: 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABE0). ... This error appears when you do not have a webcam, and you try to open the Windows 10 Camera app.

If these will not work perform Fix number 5 from my first reply.

Hope this help answer your query.

Regards​

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.​

Options

1 Posts

03-24-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 5 of 24

Re:IdeaPad Flex 14 CAMERA NOT WORKING

2020-03-24, 18:14 PM

Followed all the steps below. Camera was totally confused. Camera and system thought the camera was running, but no apps could stream the image. Updated 8 or 10 "optional" elements listed in the Lenovo update app and voila! Camera works perfectly.

Options

2 Posts

04-02-2020

US

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 6 of 24

2020-04-02, 18:23 PM

This is crazy because I am dealing with this exact issue on a $2500 computer I bought last week. I called service and they couldnt have been less helpful telling me to send my computer in and didn't understand it is likely a software issue. If it's a hardware issue you sold a new computer with a broken camera which wouldnt make much sense for an established company. Also given everyone working from home, how can anyone feasibly part ways with their computer for days/weeks

Options

1 Posts

04-04-2020

ID

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 7 of 24

2020-04-04, 19:59 PM

I have the exact sampe problem, and I already tried all of the options to try to fix this issue, and it's not solved the problem at all

and its really crazy, because right now I have to Work From Home because of the covid-19 pandemic.

and I really need the webcam to do some VidCon meeting with my client and collegue.

please if there is someone out there who have experienced the same thing and have managed to overcome it, please share how to overcome this problem.

my problem is:  error 0xA00F2471 (MediaCaptureFailed), the installed camera is USB boot and I can't change this or reinstall with other driver, and I already tried all the step that mentioned above.

thank you very much

Options

2 Posts

04-02-2020

US

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 8 of 24

2020-04-09, 15:40 PM

this is insane, i've called so many times. It's a 10 day old device and it's not working. Definitely a driver issue, they should relay to people on the phone that it's a driver issue.

Options

1 Posts

04-12-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 9 of 24

2020-04-12, 2:27 AM

I am experiencing the same situation after I have updated my software... can anyone please advise what we can do about this issue. 

Options

1 Posts

04-14-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 10 of 24

2020-04-14, 12:47 PM

Try toggling Camera function key (F8 on my system). I had it turned off accidentally and was struggling to get camera working until I ran across this.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete