Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-10-2018

United States of America

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 2

IdeaPad Flex 4-1580 Hardware Keyboard won't work

2018-09-10, 0:52 AM

Hi all. Hope our minds can find a solution. 

Got me a problem. I can ONLY use the on-screen keyboard. There is no function from the hardware keyboard except it lights up when I turn it on & it goes to sleep when the lid is closed. 

I was having problems with the laptop while using Lightroom. The unit kept crashing with a blue screen that said "windows ran into a problem." and it would reboot. I uninstalled Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC & Lightroom Classic CC. 

We store everything on external hard drives, and use the web for all document creation and misc. storage. Since it was acting funny and the only extra software we added is all web based and easily retrievable, I decided to reset the computer. 

When it rebooted, it was I portrait tablet mode. After getting in, I went to settings and set it to Landscape. Tried typing, nada. Figured I would use desktop mode, no way jose. Went to the advanced settings and looked through all of them. They seem to be set properly. There is a "filters" setting that is mentioned in this community, it can be on or off, doesn't matter, hardware keyboard doesn't work either way. 

I ended up running 3 updates, since I forgot to do so after the reset. Was hoping that was my problem, yeah, no!... 

I am currently using the USB ports for my external drive and a Bluetooth mouse. I have downloaded Lightroom Classic CC again and it works much better, but the hardware keyboard will not type, nothing, ziltch, nada!  Meanwhile, it is still taunting me with the keyboard backlight and entering sleep mode when the lid is closed.  Anyone have an idea?? 

Thanks in advance!! 

The flipped out photographer who needs to edit her pics!!! 

Dawn

Options

434 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

388 Signins

1696 Page Views

• Views: 1696
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: IdeaPad Flex 4-1580 Hardware Keyboard won't work

2018-09-10, 8:13 AM

Hi there,

Welcome to the Lenovo community forum! 

First of all, thank you for doing all the possible troubleshooting steps. However, it looks like this is a clear hardware malfunction with the keyboard of the laptop and the next option now is to have it serviced. Please send us a Private Message and share the serial number of the laptop, together with your location so we can check on it. We're looking forward to your reply.

Regards! 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms