Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

03-14-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 31 of 32

Re:IdeaPad Flex 5 14ARE05 no longer starts

2021-04-27, 17:26 PM
So it does beep when it does the BIOS update? That is bad design. My sister forced the laptop off since it was beeping at max volume when she was trying to sleep in her dorm. BIOS updates should be SILENT. I regret not buying a Dell.
Options

3 Posts

03-24-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 32 of 32

Re:IdeaPad Flex 5 14ARE05 no longer starts

2021-05-25, 20:09 PM

Finally got mine back from warranty repair. Sent on 3/24, got back today 5/25. Lenovo extended my warranty for free because of the long repair time. Repair was outsourced to Cell Tech Inc. They were OK. Very slow to respond to emails but they did respond. I've almost fully updated the laptop and have not experienced the same issue. It's running fine right now. The only thing I haven't done is the "Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2". I think that is what bricked it last time and I don't want to risk it. This is my daughters laptop and she has been without for so long now and we have a lot of catching up to do in SWTOR!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms