Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Chromebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3551 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

316 Signins

29242 Page Views

• Views: 29242
  • Message 21 of 28

Re:IdeaPad Flex 5 - Preinstalled SLBrowser stuck in Chinese

2021-05-28, 13:06 PM

Hello all!

Upon consulting this concern to the relevant team, please proceed in uninstalling the Lenovo browser off the IdeaPad Flex 5 laptop.

Please click on this link to see additional details.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

5 Posts

05-25-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 22 of 28

2021-05-29, 0:05 AM

Your web address is using a Philippine's address  as indicated by the ph after the dot com  

https://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/solutions/ht512156

Why would your link take us from a US Site to a Philippine's address for the directions?

Additionally your solutions are lacking information.  It states that solution 1 or 2 may be used .

Option 1 is is missing information on the steps. 

After you select uninstall a portion of the uninstall is in Chinese and there is no information on what to select to uninstall it.

Option 2 is also missing information to clarify what is required as needing 32gig USB drives when viewing the video but written says 16 Gig

Then inside the video it says that you might have to disable your antivirus and firewall to connect to your servers. 

This is unacceptable since it opens up your system .

Why should we have to provide a USB for your mistake and have to use the Digital Download Recovery Service.

This is time consuming and I believe all of those affected should be compensated. 

Say with a Lenovo Active Pen since this model did not ship with one.

Lenovo should provide a USB recovery  to all those affected.

Options

3 Posts

05-31-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 23 of 28

2021-05-31, 10:20 AM

So picked up my new Lenovo at Office Depot yesterday, first experience with the brand, was pleased overall until I found that Chinese nonsense.  Absolutely ridiculous that I've now spent hours trying to uninstall the stupid app, nothing that comes up resembles the 'Facebook fix' or the sketchy fix by customer service - and why should I have to do a recovery on a brand new laptop that has all my stuff already in it?!?  I am angry and frustrated, would rather fix this, but believe I'll just have to spend even more time to remove my stuff, shove the darned thing back in the box and return it - Lenovo's screw-up has become an incredible waste of time...

This is what I get - the big blue button does nothing but make the box disappear, the white button takes me to a Chinese Lenovo browser, and the script next to the big blue button takes me to another Chinese prompt that doesn't resembles anything shown or discussed here.

Options

3 Posts

05-31-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 24 of 28

2021-05-31, 10:35 AM

This is what comes up when I click on the script next to the big blue button:

Options

5 Posts

05-25-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 25 of 28

2021-06-01, 16:14 PM
This is where you would click on the writing to the left of the blue dot. The right dot keeps the app. Left removes it.
Options

3 Posts

05-31-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 26 of 28

2021-06-01, 17:30 PM

Thank you so much, Super Dave!  Seems to have worked - would be really, really nice if Lenovo would advise their techs of the issue as well as the fix.

Have only owned this computer for TWO DAYS, have spent countless hours trying to uninstall this Chinese App/Program, dealt with numerous people at Lenovo, some saying I had to purchase their warranty for a fix, with the last incredibly snotty tech telling me that this is not anything they installed on the computer, that it must be something that Office Depot installed!!!  Like Office Depot and Costco carefully opened up the factory sealed boxes, slipped in a Chinese App, then resealed the boxes so that it looked like it had never been opened and then knowingly sold the tainted computers to the general public - seriously, what kind of stupid scenario is that?!?

They've displayed the absolute worst ever customer service from any company I've ever dealt with - have been insulted and lied to, and had no intention of keeping this laptop (which I liked before the Chinese stuff popped up) until Super Dave gave me that final bit of help, still intend to post reviews letting other folks know about this Chinese app/program and Lenovo's bizarrely inept and sometimes rude customer service reps/techs, as well as their attempts to get me to pay to have their mistakenly installed garbage removed from a BRAND  NEW computer.

Wish I could thank Lenovo, but I can't - spent many hours in deciding on this laptop (questioning that choice now), and am still considering a return, though a lot of my stuff is installed, and would take even more time to remove those, but am angry and frustrated.  All those wasted hours spent trying to fix the Chinese App/Program mistake (clearly their error, and obviously a known issue, despite their unpleasant tech firmly declaring, "We did not install Chinese software!"), with even more wasted time on the website and on the phone with several people until that last rude person infuriated me to the point that I feel unwilling to ever buy anything from Lenovo again, and will warn others as well...

Options

1 Posts

06-06-2021

United States Minor Outlying Islands

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 27 of 28

2021-06-06, 5:26 AM

Having the same issue with the lenovo Chinese browser...i would like to uninstall it...can someone please share the instructions..I would really appreciate it....

Answer
Options

5 Posts

05-25-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 28 of 28

2021-06-07, 17:42 PM

Select the Start Flag in the lower left of the screen.

Scroll down to Settings and open.

Click on Apps>Apps & features.

Go to the Chinese App and uninstall.

2 Blue buttons will pop-up, click the left one.

5-7 Blue Buttons will pop-up, click the first one.

Wallah.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms