Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

04-13-2021

India

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 6

IdeaTab 520S - No Power at all issue

2021-04-13, 11:41 AM

I was working, power was low. So when i plugin the charger it's not showing any light. I tried with PIN to drain any static charge. But still no sign.

Last time also i had similar issue at that time tech support team suggested me some key combination after using those keys it's started.

Can someone help me on this?

Options

1748 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

106 Signins

10115 Page Views

• Views: 10115
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:IdeaTab 520S - No Power at all issue

2021-04-13, 12:42 PM

Hello HarrySidhu,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thank you for initiating a post in the Community. Please try to follow the troubleshooting steps below and see if you may have an option to isolate the issue. There might be a need for you to identify if the machine is undergoing power issue, a boot issue, or an internal hardware issue.

Perform a static discharge/power cycle
- Make sure there is still remaining battery power, able to power up the machine.
- Disconnect all cables and/or peripheral devices connected to the machine (ex. power cable, hdmi cable, external mouse/keyboard, flashdrives, etc).
- Ensure that device is powered/switched off.
- Press and hold down the power button for as long as 60 seconds to drain flea power or excess voltage.
- The machine should remain in off state.
- Find the Novo Button. How a Novo button should look like: https://support.lenovo.com/us/fr/solutions/ht062552 
- Access/click this by using an unfolded paperclip or by using something similar to the latter.

If the machine showed signs of life, please try to check which of the issues your machine might undergone.

No power -  machine has no signs of power light at all.
No post - machine has power indicator, try to test the capslock key for any light response - if no light response, this is a no post and the problem might be on the internal part of the machine.
No display - capslock responded and has power light indicator, try to connect an external screen to check possible signs of display.

Update us how it goes.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

04-13-2021

India

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2021-04-13, 13:11 PM

Still no sign i tried above steps in sequence.

There is some key combination which uses some power backup, Can you help on this?

Options

2250 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

245 Signins

11491 Page Views

• Views: 11491
  • Message 4 of 6

2021-04-13, 13:48 PM

@ HarrySidhu wrote:

Still no sign i tried above steps in sequence.

There is some key combination which uses some power backup, Can you help on this?

If the device has no signs of power light or sound (no life) after a static discharge then the motherboard has most likely short circuited and is in need of replacement.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

3 Posts

04-13-2021

India

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2021-04-14, 2:36 AM

Can you please provide Service Center Details?

Near Navi Mumbai. PIN 410210

Options

1748 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

106 Signins

10115 Page Views

• Views: 10115
  • Message 6 of 6

2021-04-14, 15:54 PM

Hi HarrySidhu,

It may be worth a try to check for a nearby service facility here for you.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms