English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

06-21-2018

NG

6 Signins

77 Page Views

• Views: 77
  • Message 1 of 4

IdealPad 110-15ISk system board problem

2018-06-22, 2:07 AM

My new Idealpad 110-15isk is less than two years, just about a year with some few months, I am a photographer,I had my laptop connected to a power source which I was using to edit some pictures and just before my very eyes it suddenly went off. Initially i thought it my system was trying to do a system reboot but this didn't happen in about 3minutes after the laptop went off, i then assumed probably a Virus must habe attackes my laptop. This wasn't the case because when i tried putting it on with the power button, smoke came from the keyboard and then this was suprising. Taking it to a system engineering he said the motherboard is faulty as a result of a bridge. I really don't know how that came about anyways. Please how can i fix this or how can i possibly get a new motherboard here in Nigeria. Please i need it urgently for my business. 

Thanks. 

Moderator comment: Subject edited for clarity. Was: IdealPad 110-15ISk Ubuntu battery life

Options

227 Posts

06-16-2018

PH

114 Signins

1358 Page Views

• Views: 1358
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: IdealPad 110-15ISk system board problem

2018-06-25, 8:34 AM
Woah, that sure was very scary - a smoke coming from the keyboard. Your whole motherboard is completely fried and dead, and probably your keyboard as well.

I should really recommend you to buy a new laptop. Your IdeaPad 110-15isk as much as possible should not be repaired because if its risk and dangers. There may be other important components that have been affected by the smoke (which I guess it came from a short circuit from your motherboard.)

You can go to the Lenovo Service Center and ask for a laptop replacement. I can suspect it as a manufacturing defect. Use your warranty when possible, or just buy a new laptop instead. That would be the most convenient way.

Does your laptop sometimes or frequently heat up too much? That can be one of the cause as well. I had my old HP Laptop that died because of the same thing, a short circuit in the motherboard near the fan (it was faulty.) Luckily it didn't become a worse case scenario like yours.
Options

4 Posts

06-21-2018

NG

6 Signins

77 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2018-06-25, 14:55 PM

But that is not fair. The laptop is over a year already which is the warranty period. If I buy a brand new laptop to avoid unnecessary issues from the purchase of a fairly used system and then what i was running away from eventually got to me. That's so unfair. Before a product is sold i think a lot of test is being carried out. It was not only my laptop that was connected to a power source but mine suddenly went off!... Which was shocking and disappointing. Please i will be glad if i can get the location of Lenovo's office in Nigeria and if possible a mobile/phone number i can call. Thanks

Options

4 Posts

06-21-2018

NG

6 Signins

77 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2018-06-25, 15:01 PM

It doesn't heat up at all that's why i was shocked! Infact being shocked is an understatement. I used my long term saving to get this laptop and now i am without one. Not fair! ????

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete