Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

11-11-2019

United States of America

1 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 6

Ideapad 130-15IKB touchpad not working

2019-11-11, 21:09 PM

The touchpad on my new laptop isnt working.

I've tried pressing the F6+Fn/F6 button, Ive also tried downloading the driver from the lenovo website but it ended up making both, my touchpad and keyboard not working. This is a completely new laptop. And even when I was installing windows, the cursor wouldnt show up. I had to connect an external mouse. Is this a defect in the laptop itself or can it be solved?

Options

1 Posts

09-15-2019

United States of America

7 Signins

117 Page Views

• Views: 117
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Ideapad 130-15IKB touchpad not working

2019-11-12, 12:50 PM
Hi Ideapad13015IKB,

Try this one, resetting the BIOS to its a default settings.
First access the novo button menu by pressing the pin hole that has the inverted arrow sign on the left side on the machine. Once "Novo Button Menu" came up, highlight/select "BIOS Setup" (you can use the arrows keys to select).
Once Setup Utility came up, F9 or Fn + F9 for Setup Defaults and F10 or Fn + F10 to Save and Exit then the machine will automatically restart.

Please revert if still not working.
Thanks,
Options

1 Posts

06-18-2020

Tunisia

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 6

Re:Ideapad 130-15IKB touchpad not working

2020-06-18, 22:55 PM
The same problem for me. After installing windows 10 the touchpad doesn't work. I tried to reinstall drivers for the touchpad but it didn't work. And the nvidia graphical card is not detected
Options

1 Posts

06-19-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 6

2020-06-19, 13:24 PM

After installing windows 10 the touchpad doesn't work. I tried to reinstall drivers for the touchpad but it didn't work. And the nvidia graphical card is not detected. I've tried with F6 and Fn+F6, but it just won't work. I'm using an external mouse. 

Options

1 Posts

06-10-2021

Morocco

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 5 of 6

2021-06-10, 7:17 AM

After having the latest win 10 update, keyboard is not working.

However when I tried with win 7, the keyboard worked, but not the touchpad.

Options

2467 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

157 Signins

14231 Page Views

• Views: 14231
  • Message 6 of 6

2021-06-10, 16:01 PM

Hi Hicham1se,

For Windows 10 having an issue with the keyboard after update, here are some troubleshooting steps.

Check if the current BIOS version of your machine is the same as the recommended BIOS version uploaded on the support site. Check here how you can see your machine's BIOS version. On the support page, type your machine serial number on the bar to load up the correct drivers. Go to Drivers and Software tab, click on the Manual Update tab. Look for the BIOS/UEFI driver and find the details which would include the version. Try to compare.

For keyboard having issue typing or if some keys that are not working, follow the troubleshooting steps instructed here.

Test the keyboard again by connecting an external USB keyboard. See of this would further isolate the issue.

Access the Settings from Start button > Ease of Access > Keyboard. Turn on the Use the On-screen Keyboard feature. If the on-screen keys work along with the external keyboard yet failed to operate in the CMD lines, it can be a hardware issue.

If your device is currently on Win7, it would be best to check for updates that would include fixes for the touchpad as this might likely be a driver problem upon installation.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)