English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

01-13-2021

US

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 4

Ideapad 130-15ast powers when you press the power button but won't stay on

2021-01-13, 8:28 AM

Basically what happened was my laptop fan was on full blast and none of the keys worked while connected to a hdmi external monitor. So i went to put it on my lap and it unplugged. Now when i press the power button it's just the fan at full blast and no picture. Then as soon as i let go it shuts off. If i plug it in it just stay like that forever. I tried holding the power button down for 2 minutes and it stays on.

I've seen posts with other models about resting with a paperclip by pressing a small button underneath but i can't find one for this one.

Also I've seen things about removing the battery and i don't really want to do that could i just hold the power button until the battery has no juice left and then it may work?

IDK what to do.

Options

1518 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

171 Signins

8016 Page Views

• Views: 8016
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Ideapad 130-15ast powers when you press the power button but won't stay on

2021-01-13, 9:41 AM

Hi GreenGuy,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

As you've already hold the power button in for 2 minutes, holding it any longer won't change the outcome unfortunately. What you could try is doing a static discharge of both the laptop and the AC adapter.

Static Discharge on Laptop and AC adapter.
- Remove all cables attached to the device (hdmi, external mouse/keyboard, etc)
- Ensure device is switched OFF
- Keep the AC adapter connected to the laptop, but disconnected from the wall socket *Important*
- Hold down power button for 60 seconds
- Re-attach all cables
- Connect the AC Adapter, then let the device charge for about 2 minutes (if it does) then start up as usual.

Now if this doesn't yield any results, then I'd suggest what other users have suggested as well, and that is to try to remove the battery for a while. See if the device can power on normally through AC adapter only and if not, then reseat the battery after a while (couple of minutes), and see what happens.

Could be that you have a dead/bad battery on your hands.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

3 Posts

01-13-2021

US

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2021-01-13, 16:20 PM

Well i did the step where i plugged in the adapter without it connected to the power. and it finally turned off and i plugged it back in like you said to and it didn't turn on. If it is a dead battery could i remove it and it'd still work with at power adapter connected???

Options

3 Posts

01-13-2021

US

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2021-01-13, 18:51 PM

Never mind.  It worked, thank you

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms