Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

04-14-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

Ideapad 3 14ADA05 - Damaged Motherboard

2021-04-14, 20:35 PM

The motherboard of my brand new Ideapad 3 was damaged by a minor spilling accident. What are my options to fix or at least get some money from the notebook at this point? I could only find the motherboard being sold for almost the price of a brand new computer (around U$360). Please advise.

Options

1 Posts

04-14-2021

Saudi Arabia

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Ideapad 3 14ADA05 - Damaged Motherboard

2021-04-14, 23:22 PM

Same happened with me. I found it on ebay with 200 US$ something 

Anyway I tried to fix it my self and I found the damaged chip but I can't read its number to find a replacement. It's very tiny chip and some scratches on it so can't figure it out. If you could help me take a clear picture of yours maybe you can help me out?

My email if you want to help 

ahmad.halayka82@gmail.com 

Thanks in advance 

Ahmad

Options

3023 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

185 Signins

17298 Page Views

• Views: 17298
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Ideapad 3 14ADA05 - Damaged Motherboard

2021-04-27, 20:44 PM

Hi mwoltz,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Apologies for the late reply. 

There is no telling what specific part of the board will be damaged if this is caused by a liquid spill. Cases like this would entirely require a whole system board replacement. You can try to check for a compatible OEM motherboard from the parts look up site.

On the parts look up page, you may have to enter your machine's serial number. Go to Parts tab, click on Model tab then change the Commodity filter to motherboard or systemboard.

You will see a part number and a picture of the available motherboard.

You may try as well to check out Lenovo Encompass for pricing and parts availability in your region.

If the machine is in warranty, you may try reaching out to the technical team for further recommendation.

I hope this helps.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms