English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

07-22-2018

ID

3 Signins

62 Page Views

• Views: 62
  • Message 1 of 3

Ideapad 300S-11IBR touchpad/keyboard not working and randomly shutdown itself.

2018-07-22, 15:12 PM

Greetings, Everyone!

I'm new to this forum. Please help me.

I have Lenovo Ideapad 300s 11IBR, i bought it about 2 years ago with windows 10 home preinstalled.

Everything was fine, until last month its touchpad and keyboard won't responds after 6 hrs in use (from 9AM to 3PM). Then i shut it down, hope that it will fix the problem. In 9 PM on that day, i turn it on, everything was fine, then in log screen it suddenly shut down. I tried to turning it on again after a few minutes, still, it's keep on shutting down itself.

After several attempts, it's finally back to normal, but the keyboard and touchpad still not functioning. I decide to use external wireless mouse and On-Screen-Keyboard to login. I check the device manager, there were no issues displayed. I check the issues with LSC, every test was passed and no problem found. I update everything in device manager, update my windows to the latest version, but the problem still occurs. I check the BIOS, and the keyboard works normally inside the BIOS.

the next day, I decided to restore my windows and clean the drive. Now the problem gone for a while.

But then the problems happend again after i shut down my laptop for about an hour. It randomly shutting down and the touchpad/keyboard won't work, plus, the system says 'battery not detected' in notification area. My laptop not even connected to any kind of network before, so there's no update installed that cause the problem.

I go to the Lenovo Service Center in town, they say the problem occurs because unfinished windows update installation. So I did what they recommends to update the latest version of windows. Guess what, the problem still occurs.

I decided to meet "the best PC doctor ever" (they said) because he is a lecturer in some IT based Campus in my town and already fix a lot of PC problems. He said that there was a bad sector in HDD in my laptop and suggest me to replace the HDD and install a clean windows. Also, he said that he could fix that bad sector, but it will cost six to seven days to fix it properly. I chose to bring it home and search for the issues the HDD had by myself. I formated and checked the HDD using windows, EaseUS partition master, and ubuntu bootable usb (using badblocks command), but theres no bad sector found. 

I already tried to uninstall-install the driver method, and even install the latest BIOS version from the official lenovo website for my laptop model, but the problem are getting worse. In BIOS version, it's shows some question marks (I'm attaching the image below). Then in EC version, it's sometimes shows C8EC1515WW, and sometimes shows C8CN31WW. 

Now, even in BIOS, keyboard sometimes respons, sometimes not. Touchpad wont work, even in recovery mode and ubuntu bootable usb. And still, the laptop randomly shutdown itself. I had to use external mouse and keyboard to do the thing. 

Running out of option, I decided to unbrick every components in my laptop and clean everything up with soft brushing tool. Then put it all together again. Still, the problems is not solved. 

What should I do to fix every single problem i had here? 

Is this a software or hardware problem?

And if it's a hardware problem, which component should I replace?

Lenovo Idepad 300S-11IBR

CPU intel N3050 1.60GHz

HDD 500 GB

RAM 2 GB

Battery 2 Cell

OS windows 10 Home SL

Any kind of reply, would help. Thank YOU.

Mod edit:  Removed pic attachment because it showed Serial Number.

Solved! See the solution
Options

4 Posts

07-22-2018

ID

3 Signins

62 Page Views

• Message 2 of 3

Re: Ideapad 300S-11IBR touchpad/keyboard not working and randomly shutdown itself.

2018-07-23, 16:51 PM

Update.

I finally found the answer about my laptop problem here. It is the mainboard that caused all the problem i mention above. Because it's suddenly shut off even in lenovo logo when i first turn it on. It's also shutdown without warning in ubuntu bootable usb.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

4 Posts

07-22-2018

ID

3 Signins

62 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

Re: Ideapad 300S-11IBR touchpad/keyboard not working and randomly shutdown itself.

2018-07-23, 17:28 PM

Update 2.

My laptop is dead, it's not even charging anymore. No responds from all the button i touch.

My laptop is dead. :smileysad:

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete