English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-22-2020

Philippines

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 2

Ideapad 320-14ISK HDD TO SSD + RAM

2020-09-08, 20:01 PM

Hello. 

I am planning to upgrade the hard drive of my laptop, however, I am not sure if there is a slot for SSD or should I replace my HDD with an SSD altogether?

The current specs of my laptop are: soldered 4gb ddr4 ram, 1tb hdd, and an intel i3-6006u 

I also need some suggestions on whether I should go with the max supported RAM for the model which is 16gb DDR4 + 480gb SSD or is it overkill for an Intel i3-6006u @ 2.00Ghz? Or should I just opt for an 8gb ram? 

Your response will be greatly appreciated. This upgrade has been long overdue because I still don't have a concrete idea of upgrading this specific model. 

Any additional tips, precautions, and information is also appreciated. Thank you very much. 

For context

I use different editing programs at the same time but the device seems to lag even though the browser is the only program open. So choosing the best upgrades for me is really a need. 

Options

3027 Posts

12-13-2016

United States of America

5228 Signins

56666 Page Views

• Views: 56666
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Ideapad 320-14ISK HDD TO SSD + RAM

2020-09-08, 20:26 PM

Welcome to the Community

You might get some information from this existing thread or by searching. See the search instructions in my signature.

Good luck

Doc

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Check out our new Recent Service Tips Area ..your issue may already be solved!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms