English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-16-2020

PH

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 3

Ideapad 320-15IKB 81BG Keyboard Trouble on Windows 10

2020-09-16, 18:39 PM

I recently reseted my Windows 10 OS and upon its start-up on to the desktop, the keyboard does not work. Meanwhile it works when I try to log-in to the Windows User Account and the Windows key + R to enable the Run app. 

I already tried installing the latest updates for my keyboard driver and the Windows Updates. 

Would be really convenient to have a reply since online classes has started for me Thank You!

Options

11551 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

7029 Signins

739984 Page Views

• Views: 739984
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Ideapad 320-15IKB 81BG Keyboard Trouble on Windows 10

2020-09-16, 20:49 PM

Hi bluoep,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Initially you can try using an external USB keyboard to compare how it goes.

Try the steps here and update us what happens on each steps.

If you still have the same issue, download Lenovo Vantage from the Microsoft Store and use it to run updates.

Take a picture of device manager for us to check what could be missing so we can manually download and install them from the support site.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

2 Posts

09-16-2020

PH

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Ideapad 320-15IKB 81BG Keyboard Trouble on Windows 10

2020-09-17, 4:06 AM

Hello @spidey101 !

I have tried the all solutions and the keyboard only works for the Command Prompt. The On-Screen Keyboard does not register the typing keys, but responds to the function keys. Numpad also works for the calculator. So far I have been trying to download Lenovo Vantage on the Microsoft Store by typing in to the Command Prompt and copy pasting it on the search bar but every time I click the Lenovo Vantage app page in the store, Microsoft Store suddenly closes. Updating the keyboard drivers and even uninstalling and reinstalling them did not work.

So I am confident that this is a software problem since both my USB and built-in Keyboards are functional. 

I also forgot to mention that when I entered the Windows setup screen. It failed to accept my keyboard and region settings with the code OOBEKEYBOARD and OOBEREGION. I tried a solution where I enable the admin account and sign-in from there. 

Hoping to resolve this as soon as possible 

Thank You!

BCEDDD66-88A2-46BF-B130-EFFFCF0BE900.jpeg
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete