English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

06-21-2019

PH

2 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 1 of 11

Ideapad 330 keyboard not working

2019-06-21, 16:49 PM

HELP! My keyboard is not working! The only buttons that work are the power button and the button that regulates the screen brightness. I troubleshoot it and it says ELAN Keyboard Filter Device has an error. I tried uninstalling it and restarting my laptop but nothing changed, the elan driver still exists in the Device manager. I also tried looking at it's properties and it says Code 19 (pls refer to the pic below). I really need to use the keyboard for work stuffs :( please help me

Options

456 Posts

08-02-2018

PH

423 Signins

2278 Page Views

• Views: 2278
  • Message 2 of 11

Re: Ideapad 330 keyboard not working

2019-06-21, 23:49 PM

Hi Kanekisthetic!

Welcome to the community forums.

I just want to verify, does all the keys not working or just some keys? Could you try the steps provided from this article https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/solutions/ht103985?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6. and if it didn't work, you can try to delete the Upper Filters and Lower Filters Registry Values by following the steps below.

1. Execute regedit from the Run dialog box (Windows Key + R) or Command Prompt to open Registry Editor.

2. Locate the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE hive on the left side of Registry Editor and then tap or click the > or + icon next to the folder name to expand it.

3. Continue to expand the "folders" until you reach the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class registry key.

4. Tap or click on the > or + icon next to the Class key to expand it. You should see a long list of subkeys open up under Class that looks something like this: {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.

5. Determine the correct Class GUID for the hardware device. Using this list, find the correct Class GUID corresponding to the type of hardware that you're seeing the Device Manager error code for.

6. Tap or click the registry subkey corresponding to the device's Class GUID that you determined in the last step.

7. In the results that appear on the window on the right, locate the UpperFilters and LowerFilters values.

8. Right-click or tap-and-hold on UpperFilters and choose Delete. Choose Yes to the "Deleting certain registry values could cause system instability. Are you sure you want to permanently delete this value?" question.

9. Repeat Step 8 with the LowerFilters value.
10. Close Registry Editor.

11. Restart your computer.

12. Check to see if deleting the UpperFilters and LowerFilters registry values solved your problem.

Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

06-21-2019

PH

2 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 3 of 11

2019-06-22, 12:10 PM
I tried the steps in the link you gave me but it didn't work so I tried the registry deletion you talked about. But when I opened Command Prompt there's nothing there. It only has C:\Users\__> nothing else
Options

1817 Posts

08-02-2018

US

697 Signins

10126 Page Views

• Views: 10126
  • Message 4 of 11

2019-07-02, 20:59 PM

Hi! You can access the registry editor by typing regedit on the search box then follow the steps provided by Mark. If you're not comfortable, try booting to BIOS by following the steps here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht500216. Once you're in the BIOS, go to the security tab then try to change the password. This will help us check if the keys are working so no need to save it.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

10-11-2017

ZA

3 Signins

49 Page Views

• Views: 49
  • Message 5 of 11

2019-11-27, 9:08 AM

Hi there, i had the exact same problem today.

did all the recommendations on this forum with no luck.

I ended up installing the touchpad drivers and then after reboot it worked.

You can make use of the application Lenovo System update to automatically detect drivers required.

I have to make use of on-screen keyboard the whole time as a external USB keyboard didnt want to work.

- the problem why the touchpad driver was not install is because i removed it as the touch movement was terrible and after i restarted this whole problem awakend.

NOTE: my notebook was a Lenovo V330-15IKB brand new out of the box.

hope this helps you i stuggled with this quite a bit.

Options

1 Posts

06-27-2020

IN

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 6 of 11

Re:Ideapad 330 keyboard not working

2020-06-27, 20:48 PM

hey...just updated my windows 2004 version . Now i face the same problem i.e. the keyboard does not work. I have also tried all steps regarding registry and deleting uppervalues but nothing works. Neither the driver gets updated. pls help . Eagerly waiting for the reply .

Options

1 Posts

07-08-2020

US

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 7 of 11

2020-07-08, 19:00 PM

A previous poster was pretty close to the solution as it is a registry problem, but also possibly an incorrect driver. First, verify what type of trackpad you have by going into Control Panel > Device Manager > Mice and other pointing devices. If it just says HID-compliant mouse (or something generic like that) you have double click it, go to 'details' and find Hardware Ids. Mine is Synaptics and shows VEN_SYN. Once you verify that, check to see if under the Keyboards sections there's an ELAN device. If so, delete that. Here, you can either reboot or just click Action > Scan for hardware changes, and let Windows reinstall the device which should now read 'Standard PS/2 Keyboard' and probably will still have an trouble code for starting.

From there, then you want to go to the Regedit as detailed above by another user. HOWEVER.... you don't want to delete the UpperFilter key, but change it to the appropriate setting which is "kbdclass" without the quotes. Reboot and you should now have keyboard functionality.

Options

2 Posts

07-19-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 8 of 11

2020-07-19, 9:44 AM

Bonjour,

en français, ça donne quoi? 

Options

2 Posts

07-19-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 9 of 11

2020-07-19, 9:49 AM

Bonjour,

c'est la DEUXIÈME fois que le clavier disparaît. A chaque fois, je dois RESTAURER à un état antérieur afin de retrouver le CLAVIER. 

Le problème est à chaque fois une mise à jour WINDOWS. Ici, c'est la version 2004, comme tous les autres utilisateurs de ce forum.

J'attends une solution EN FRANçAIS qui ne m'oblige pas à restaurer un point de sauvegarde une nouvelle fois. Le clavier virtuel, c'est nul pour écrire un texte long et un clavier externe, ça occupe un des deux ports USB. Si Lenovo en mettait trois, ça serait pas mal...

Options

1 Posts

09-03-2020

CR

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 10 of 11

2020-09-03, 17:55 PM

Hi hope you are fine, I was reading the solution that you propose but for one of my users the keyboard already is HID Keyboard Device 

I have 2 users with the same issue on this laptop model 330-15IKB

for one using the external keyboard works for the other, it doesn't and it's necessary to restart the computer for it to work again

for this user, we already uninstall the driver and update the bios, after restart the issue was resolved for a couple of weeks but it happens again 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete