English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

08-01-2020

EG

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 3

Ideapad 330 suddenly died

2020-08-01, 10:41 AM
I was using my laptop and it suddenly died, charging and battery still working fine, but the laptop doesn't turn on after tapping the power button so i have to hold it for 3 seconds so the device powers on, but the screen stays black as it doesn't turn on yet for 15-20 seconds then it gets into normal uefi booting which is now slower. After windows boots, the keyboard doesn't work at all. Unlike the touchpad, cpu, ram, two disks, two gpus that work fine. So is it a mobo problem and would it need replacement?
Options

151 Posts

05-14-2020

US

93 Signins

895 Page Views

• Views: 895
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Ideapad 330 suddenly died

2020-08-01, 16:31 PM

Hello,

I also have an Ideapad 330.

From your problem description the computer will boot into windows, but the keyboard does not work.  So at this point you can conduct some hardware analysis, but you do need some additional equipment to provide a keyboard.  Borrowing a  wired usb keyboard and plugging it in should gain you a functioning keyboard.  A wireless usb keyboard might work too, the kind you insert a usb device into the side to use the keyboard.   I recently had a keyboard problem, check the post "Recover from damp keyboard." 

Plug the usb keyboard in and see if you can type things....

Press the windows button to bring up the Windows menu, and within it is an alphabetized list of installed software.  Look in the "L" drop down for programs named Lenovo Vantage, or a just click through the ones starting with Lenovo.  You are looking for the automated hardware scan, over the years the name of that program changes a little bit.  

If you can't find a hardware scan already installed, use the mouse, go to microsoft store and install the Lenovo Vantage application.  

Run the hardware scan and see what it says.

There is also a lenovo software update scan.  Run that too.  (It is totally different from Windows update.)

Let us know your progress.

Sincerely

Usedtoberich

PS, is your Warranty valid?  (Mine expired a couple of years ago....)

Options

1 Posts

08-01-2020

EG

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Ideapad 330 suddenly died

2020-08-02, 7:52 AM
I waited for 2 hours then i tried restarting the device many times with unplugging and replugging the charger and everything started getting fixed by its own, so right now it's working fine.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete