English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-23-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

Ideapad 330s will not power on after Windows update.

2020-09-23, 17:36 PM

Ideapad 330s with AMD Ryzen 2500u.

Was working fine last night. No indication of failure, and powered down fine after a windows update.

Today I opened it- dead. Plugged in the charger, but no charging light. Left charging for a few hours- still dead.

Lenovo button does nothing. Removing battery/cmos with/without plug does nothing. Removed one at a time ram, ssd, peripheral. Nothing.

I can only think of two things based only on my personal experience: the power adapter is crapped out, or the power connector is busted. I can't test for either one right now. 

Anyone have any other things I should try before I part it out?

Options

11816 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

7069 Signins

741449 Page Views

• Views: 741449
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Ideapad 330s will not power on after Windows update.

2020-09-23, 19:13 PM

Hi Sambone757,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You can try following the Power Checkout Guide here in the hardware manual (page 21) first.

If the charging do show ok, then remove the charger and battery with everything turned off and press down the power button for 15 seconds twice to drain flea power and try powering back.

If still no indication of power then best to check out the warranty and call in tech support for service.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Update us how things go.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete