Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

05-29-2020

Germany

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 4

Ideapad 5 14IIL05 - Enter Hidden BIOS

2020-05-29, 19:04 PM
Hello, how do i enter the hidden BIOS (advanced BIOS)? Thanks!
Options

893 Posts

05-14-2020

United States of America

359 Signins

4415 Page Views

• Views: 4415
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Ideapad 5 14IIL05 - Enter Hidden BIOS

2020-05-30, 14:03 PM

Hello,

There are several ways to enter the BIOS screens, all that I know of require this to be done during a power on cycle.  The BIOS is used by the equipment before the operating system starts. So is available during initial powerup sequences.

A) Easiest!,  If equpped, use the NOVO (Nuovo??) button.  One the side of the laptop is a tiny hole, using a small probe, ( commonly I use a bent paperclip, or the tool supplied with many cell phones to open the simcard or other memory slot.)  When activated on a completely shut down and powered off compter, This novo button powers the laptop to a menu that has an option to enter the BIOS screens.  Often the correct hole has a horseshoe shaped arrow molded next to it.

B) With windows 10 running, hold the shift key down when selecting the Shutdown option with a mouse click.  After shut down the system should pause at BIOS screen during the startup.  I have found this always works selecting Shutdown. 

C) Immediately after pushing the powerbutton, for a short time the system will enter BIOS screens if a specific function key is pressed.  (For LENOVO systems this is usually F2, but can be F12.  Check the userguide or system hardware manual.)  Sometimes holding both the "Fn" button and the Function key are required.  If you don't push the correct key(s) within the short time available, the machine will rush through and boot into the operating system.  Pushing the buttons repeately is more successful than holding it continuously. If you use Windows 10, then use method B :)

Have a great day!

Usedtoberich

Options

2 Posts

02-18-2021

Germany

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-02-18, 23:39 PM

did you ever find out how to do it?
my ram is only running 1600 mhz instead of 3200 

(and yes i know what dram and ddr is)

the other response seemed as not helpful at all..

Options

2 Posts

05-29-2020

Germany

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-02-19, 4:02 AM

I found the following possibility in the tonymacx86 Forum <- Thx to hasodikis

It works for me.

All at your own risk:

Enter BIOS, set onekeybattery to disabled, save and exit. Power button to turn on → F2 to enter the normal BIOS → Power button to turn off → then press the following keys in sequence (QWERTY keyboard layout):

F1 → 1 → Q → A → Z

F2 → 2 → W → S → X

F3 → 3 → E → D → C

F4 → 4 → R → F → V

F5 → 5 → T → G → B

F6 → 6 → Y → H → N

Turn on the power button → F2 enters the hidden BIOS (if unsuccessful, please speed up your hand and try again)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms