Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

10-05-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

Ideapad 5 15 AMD - Fan Noise and High Heat

2020-10-05, 1:35 AM

I have an Ideapad with the Ryzen 4700u (Model 15ARE05) that I purchased back in June. The fans kick on constantly when the device is plugged in, regardless of whether or not I’m doing something intensive on the device. They can be quite loud. Further, when I run HWiNFO64, the “CPU tctl/tdie” sensor will, on average, sit around 55 degrees Celsius, but will occasionally spike anywhere from 70 – 95 degrees Celsius. Again, temperature seems to only get that high when the device is charging.  

AMD power slider is set to “Better Battery,” the performance mode is set to “Intelligent Cooling,” and I’ve set the system cooling policy to “passive” in both plugged in and battery modes.

Since encountering the problems, I've reinstalled Windows to version 2004, did a bios update to E7CN33WW, and also did a factory reset on the computer. Installed and updated all OEM drivers via Lenovo Advantage, and the ones that Vantage did not catch that are available on the devices product page on Lenovo's website. So far, nothing has changed. The laptop gets hot when its plugged in. 

Anyone else having similar problems, or know of any solutions?

Options

1 Posts

04-22-2021

Slovakia

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Ideapad 5 15 AMD - Fan Noise and High Heat

2021-04-22, 7:38 AM

Hi, if you still need it, try look at this link. I didn’t use that, if you need any help, ask there.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/107967-add-remove-maximum-processor-state-power-options-windows.html

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms