English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-23-2020

GB

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

Ideapad 510-151SK not powering up or charging light shown when plugged in?

2020-09-23, 11:18 AM

Hi

I can't get my ideapad 510-151SK laptop to switch on. I've tried to charge it for 5 hours but no light shows on the side and still doesn't power up when I try to switch it on.

I've tried the power lead in another ideapad and it works fine charging it without an issue so its definitely not the lead. 

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks in advance

Options

990 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

121 Signins

5541 Page Views

• Views: 5541
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Ideapad 510-151SK not powering up or charging light shown when plugged in?

2020-09-23, 11:21 AM

@ Boing82 wrote:

Hi

I can't get my ideapad 510-151SK laptop to switch on. I've tried to charge it for 5 hours but no light shows on the side and still doesn't power up when I try to switch it on.

I've tried the power lead in another ideapad and it works fine charging it without an issue so its definitely not the lead. 

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks in advance

Hi Boing82,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

When a device is showing no sign of life (sound, charging light, power light) at all, then the computer is most likely dead and have experienced a hardware fault. In this case, my guess would be motherboard is fried/faulty/dead.

I'd suggest contacting Lenovo support for your country directly (mail, e-ticket, phone) and see what can be done. Most likely it will have to be sent in to be assessed by an authorized technician.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

2 Posts

09-23-2020

GB

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-09-23, 11:22 AM
Thanks for your reply. So its not worth trying a new battery?
Options

990 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

121 Signins

5541 Page Views

• Views: 5541
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-09-23, 11:52 AM

@ Boing82 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. So its not worth trying a new battery?

Well, there could always be a chance, but I do not believe it's the case. Might be worth trying of course. 

The reason I am confident it's the motherboard is that the AC adapter should be able to power the device and start it, if it was only a battery problem.  However, since there is both no charging light nor any sound coming from the device, that makes me think it's a motherboard issue.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete