English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

08-27-2015

california

4 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 1 of 2

Ideapad Flex 15 no video to display and no video out

2015-08-27, 21:34 PM

I took the laptop apart and checked the hard drive and ram which are both functional.  It turns on and the cpu fan spins up and hard drive starts but there is no video period.  Tried connecting through HDMI as well and there is a signal detected but it is just a blank black screen.  I tried doing the old take the battery out and hold down the power button but there was no change.  Maybe a bad cpu?  I'm at a loss on this one.  Ussually video fails when it overheats and dies but this thing stays cool and it wasn't experiencing any other issues before the failure.

Options

3 Posts

08-27-2015

california

4 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad Flex 15 no video to display and no video out

2015-08-27, 22:11 PM

Further update it appears that after disconnecting the battery and leaving it and then reconnecting it I got the display to come back on.  But on next restart it went black again.  It also appears that the battery is not working at all.  As soon as the power is disconnected the laptop shuts off and windows did not detect the battery at all when I did manage to get it started up.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete