English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

08-22-2019

US

1 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 2

Ideapad Flex 4-1480 Touchpad and Fingerprint Scanner Driver Issues

2019-08-22, 20:44 PM

Like the title says, I have a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 4-1480 with some driver issues. A couple of years ago, the two-finger scrolling stopped working on the touchpad. On top of that, the webcam stopped working and the fingerprint scanner also quit functioning. Those issues were all a couple of days ago. I figured a fresh install of Windows would potentially solve the issue. However, it did not. Even after installing all Windows Updates and updating all the drivers using the Lenovo Website and a third-party driver scanner. I'm at wit's end with this one, and I was wondering if anyone had any insight into what the issue is or a solution. Or even if this has happened to anyone else? I believe that it has something to do with the fact that the drivers are 3 years old and maybe a newer version of Windows stopped supporting them, which is why i am curious if anyone has had similar issues?

Options

433 Posts

11-04-2019

US

155 Signins

9457 Page Views

• Views: 9457
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad Flex 4-1480 Touchpad and Fingerprint Scanner Driver Issues

2019-12-19, 13:33 PM

Hi PCTech20.

Welcome to the Community Forums!
Sorry for the late reply, I just join the Community Forums.

Please use this web page https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht509394
listed here are list of device that has been tested for Windows 10 1909, if your device is not on the list below your system was not tested by Lenovo and updated drivers may not be available.
If you want to proceed with upgrading or updating an untested device, refer to the Microsoft Windows Help website. Microsoft may provide generic drivers for the hardware as part of Windows 10, but some features and functionality may be lost.

Regards.
Dondon_Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete