Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-12-2021

Turkey

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 4

Ideapad Gaming with Lenovo USB Type-C to HDMI Problem - 82EY00CHTX

2021-04-12, 18:41 PM

Hey there,

I've recently bought;

Laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 - 82EY00CHTX (https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/3-series/ideapad-gaming-3-15arh05/)

and

Adapter: USB-C to HDMI 2.0b Adapter (https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/pd500273)

and

Monitor: AOC G2590VXQ 24.5" (https://eu.aoc.com/nl/gaming-monitors/g2590vxq)

But when I plug the adapter with HDMI cable to my laptop's usb-c port, there is no signal on the monitor it says.

And Windows 10 sends me a notification which redirects me to a support url: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=526895

Could you please help me? What to do now? Is there a compability problem that I can't see or anything else.

Thanks for the help.

Options

1724 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

104 Signins

9965 Page Views

• Views: 9965
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Ideapad Gaming with Lenovo USB Type-C to HDMI Problem - 82EY00CHTX

2021-04-12, 19:15 PM

Hello faith007,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thank you for initiating a post in the boards.

Upon checking on product specification sheet using the machine type model provided, it shows that the USB-C port of your unit functions as USB-C 3.2 Gen 1. The user manual (page 3 item 5) also confirms this:

USB-CTM connector:

Connect to an external storage, or data devices.
Note: An appropriate adapter may be needed for connecting external devices. This connector cannot be used to connect external display devices.

Hence, the USB C port of your machine functions as a port for external devices only.

I hope this helps.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

04-12-2021

Turkey

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-04-12, 20:02 PM

Hey there, thanks for the answer but you say "This connector cannot be used to connect external display devices.".

So, what's this adapter for if I can't even connect an external monitor with it? And the description on the product page says "The Lenovo USB-C to HDMI 2.0b Adapter connects USB-C (USB Type-C) enabled notebooks to HDMI enabled displays such as monitors and projectors." which is opposite of your declaration.

Also, what do you suggest? I use the HDMI port on my laptop, but I want to use 2 external monitors.

Options

1724 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

104 Signins

9965 Page Views

• Views: 9965
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-04-15, 16:11 PM

Hi faith007,

The links for PSREF and user manual referenced are from the machine that you specified through machine type model. Through your machine type model, Lenovo Smartfind can show you compatible USB C related devices to connect peripheral devices.

If you wish to use two external monitors, a docking station is typically required for doing such. We may not provide any guaranteed compatible docking station for this machine as there is nothing listed on the compatibility matrix. It may be a challenge to look for one.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms