English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

05-05-2020

TR

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 4

Ideapad L340-15IRH Motherboard Problem(I Guess)

2020-05-05, 10:19 AM
Last week my laptop(L340-15IRH) shut down suddenly and didn’t respond anything I did. There was only beeps coming from the charger, the laptop wasn't responding anything like as I said. So I called service and sent it in to get it fixed. Today my laptop has arrived with a result saying “motherboard fixed”, first when I opened my laptop I went to Lenovo Vantage application and tested components, everything seemed okay including motherboard. Then I noticed that fans were working more than it did before because I was just browsing and fans were pretty loud. Then I tested it's performance while playing games and just as I opened CS:GO fans were still loud and there was a sound something like a sizzle coming from the laptop. However my FPS was normal and there were minor FPS drops. Is there anything I should be concerned about?
Options

792 Posts

07-25-2013

AU

678 Signins

9430 Page Views

• Views: 9430
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Ideapad L340-15IRH Motherboard Problem(I Guess)

2020-05-05, 13:40 PM

Hi,

It sounds like you may have some thermal issues.

My guess is that the thermal compound between the CPU and heatsink wasn't applied correctly.

Easiest way to confirm that is to check whether the air coming out of vents matches the load of the computer. Install any application that would let you monitor the temperature of your CPU (e.g. coretemp). If your CPU at idle is getting hot, yet the air coming out of vents isn't hot, that would suggest the heat is not being transferred properly from the die to the heatsink. 

====================================
I'm an INsider - not a Lenovo employee.
You can find me in gaming, Ideapad and Thinkpad forums most of the time.
Options

2 Posts

05-05-2020

TR

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-05-05, 14:23 PM
Okay so my computer has been on idle for 10 minutes, CPU heat is very low (around 40 degrees). When fans are working slowly there is no problem and there is no sound coming from pc. When fans start working faster there is a weird sound coming. Is there any way I could check if fans are working normally or not?
Options

792 Posts

07-25-2013

AU

678 Signins

9430 Page Views

• Views: 9430
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-05-06, 9:34 AM

It seems like they are. Your laptop would heavily throttle under load if the fans weren't doing its' job.

It's hard what's going on to tell without hearing it. Maybe something got into the fan?

====================================
I'm an INsider - not a Lenovo employee.
You can find me in gaming, Ideapad and Thinkpad forums most of the time.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete