English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-16-2020

TR

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

Ideapad L340-15IRH audio drivers and audio jack and stuff

2020-09-16, 20:11 PM

Hey everyone, I dont know if it's the right forum for this laptop so, sorry if it's not.

I have basically two problems. 

The first is that when i connect an audio jack, built-in speakers and microphone get deactivated. For example if i connect a speaker, i can't switch back to the laptop's speaker. Control panel-sound always shows only one device. My laptop is using Realtek(R) audio driver, switching to realtek hd audio driver didn't solve anything. So i wonder if there is a way to manually select my inputs and outputs.

The second problem is correlated with the first. I want to connect the output of my guitar amp to the input of my laptop. The laptop has only one audio jack, so if i connect the input device, the speakers and the mic get deactivated, and any recording software like audacity or built-in voice recorder show very little input of sound (way lower than it should be), and there is no output which means i can't listen to anything with the laptop's speakers and the laptop probably tries to blow up my amp. I'm guessing that if i connect a mic, i would run into the same problem but i can't test this because i don't have a microphone. I can record my amp with another laptop which has 2 audio jacks, so i'm sure that the problem is either with the driver or the audio jack. 

pls help <3

attached screenshot is what i see, with or without connecting external speakers

Options

722 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

75 Signins

4393 Page Views

• Views: 4393
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Ideapad L340-15IRH audio drivers and audio jack and stuff

2020-09-17, 8:47 AM

@ neirfell wrote:

Hey everyone, I dont know if it's the right forum for this laptop so, sorry if it's not.

I have basically two problems. 

The first is that when i connect an audio jack, built-in speakers and microphone get deactivated. For example if i connect a speaker, i can't switch back to the laptop's speaker. Control panel-sound always shows only one device. My laptop is using Realtek(R) audio driver, switching to realtek hd audio driver didn't solve anything. So i wonder if there is a way to manually select my inputs and outputs.

The second problem is correlated with the first. I want to connect the output of my guitar amp to the input of my laptop. The laptop has only one audio jack, so if i connect the input device, the speakers and the mic get deactivated, and any recording software like audacity or built-in voice recorder show very little input of sound (way lower than it should be), and there is no output which means i can't listen to anything with the laptop's speakers and the laptop probably tries to blow up my amp. I'm guessing that if i connect a mic, i would run into the same problem but i can't test this because i don't have a microphone. I can record my amp with another laptop which has 2 audio jacks, so i'm sure that the problem is either with the driver or the audio jack. 

pls help <3

attached screenshot is what i see, with or without connecting external speakers

Hi,

Welcome to Lenovo forum community!

So, on some you can disable the automatic check for inserted headphones, but most this is automated, and the system will only output to one source, best way is to buy a USB soundcard, and plug your guitar into that instead.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete