Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

03-01-2021

Turkey

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 5

Ideapad L340 Revert BIOS Update

2021-03-01, 21:34 PM

Hello. I update my BIOS recently with help of Lenovo Support. I had some CPU issues but it didnt solve the problem, and its MUCH MUCH worse now. I've seen some people are not happy for this update either. They are getting same issues too.

I cant send my PC to service now, and i have to use it for a while.

Can i revert this BIOS update ? How?

BIOS update file name was bgcn33w.exe

Please help, thank you.

Options

2514 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

159 Signins

14506 Page Views

• Views: 14506
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Ideapad L340 Revert BIOS Update

2021-03-01, 21:45 PM

Hello kayraaytug,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thank you for creating a post here. I would suggest if you can share the issues or performance you are experiencing with the machine after the update.

Let us know once convenient.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

03-01-2021

Turkey

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 3 of 5

2021-03-01, 21:53 PM
I am having a CPU issue, my CPU was falling to 0.78 ghz and stays there after i play like 3-4 hrs of game. Now this happens after 5 mins max.
Options

2514 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

159 Signins

14506 Page Views

• Views: 14506
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-03-02, 13:20 PM

Hi kayraaytug,

You can try to check if the current BIOS version of the machine matches the one offered on support site. Enter your machine serial number, go to Drivers and Software tab, click on Manual Update, compare the driver version.

Also, it would be good to share your machine type MTM (ex. 81C70000RK) from the sticker as it would help us detail more about your machine variant.

Update us soon as convenient.

Regards.

Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

03-04-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-03-05, 0:05 AM

I also reciently did a bios update.  Following I crash left and right playing my online game.    Did two full windows reinstalls.  Lenovo vantage can no longer auto detect my computer.  I ran Lenovo diagnostics cant read my serial number and every GPU test using CUDE fails.  

Then I went into bios and changed from performance to whatever the lower mode is.  And my laptop is fine.  Can even game in the lower setting.

I suspect my bios is screwed up.  Please advise on turning back the bios version.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)