Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

06-10-2021

Brazil

8 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1 of 4

Ideapad S145 - Games randomly stuttering/fps drops

2021-06-29, 23:10 PM

Hey,

I have an IdeaPad S145 with I5-1035G1 and Intel UHD Graphics, 8GB RAM. I know it isn't ideal for playing games, but even games that don't require huge system requirements are stuttering and having huge fps drops out of nowhere. For example, I can play CS:GO, but games like Valorant, Warframe and Fortnite, whose minimum requirements for gaming are met, are presenting fps drops and stuttering.

I've tried different solutions found on internet but none of them have fixed my problem. Is there a way to fix this? Is this a settings problem or a problem with the features of the laptop itself? The Ideapad S145 with UHD Graphics can really run such games?

I think the bigger problem is with the fps drops, since this games run smoothly for some seconds between these fps drops. That's why I'm thinking it could be some configuration issue with Windows 10 or something like this.

Options

4104 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

254 Signins

22868 Page Views

• Views: 22868
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Ideapad S145 - Games randomly stuttering/fps drops

2021-06-30, 21:24 PM

Greetings @flaulhabe 

It would be a good thing to try running or setting the game settings in the lowest standard / minimum game-video settings possible and then see if this might help make any difference on the performance on the device.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

9 Posts

06-10-2021

Brazil

8 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2021-07-01, 21:07 PM

Hey,

I'm using the lowest settings in all of the games. 

What helped me in Warframe, for example, was changing the settings in Intel Graphics Software. Now I can play it without this huge fps drops.

But Valorant, that requires even lower graphics, is still presenting these fps drops. The game is running in 120 FPS, but when I move my mouse or shoot, it drops down to 0 for some seconds, and I still don't figured out why.

Options

9 Posts

06-10-2021

Brazil

8 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2021-07-09, 23:08 PM

Hey, 

I'm still trying solve this problem and I realized that, particularly in Valorant, the FPS drops occurs when I try to activate a special ability or something like this. Furthermore, these FPS drops are occurring at the same time as spikes in "CPU Time", it seems a problem with the render speed in specific situations.

Again, changing the game settings does not solve the problem. When is not down to 0, the FPS runs stable in 60 FPS.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms