Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

11-13-2020

Canada

5 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 4

Ideapad Slim 7 Vantage BIOS Update

2021-03-30, 16:51 PM

Lenovo Vantage keeps giving me a popup that recommends I install "these updates to optimize your computer". The update is BIOS Update - 10 [64]. When I first got this laptop (brand new a month ago) I installed this update and it caused my computer to crash. Windows wouldn't load and using system recovery also failed. I took the computer back to Best Buy that same day and exchanged it for a new one. Since then, Vantage has once again been pestering me to update by bios but I'm afraid it will destroy my computer once again. This is a brand new laptop so I don't think my BIOS is very out of date, I was hoping to get rid of this reminder permanently. I have tried disabling vantage but this thing just keeps popping up and its very annoying.

Options

1797 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

110 Signins

10365 Page Views

• Views: 10365
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Ideapad Slim 7 Vantage BIOS Update

2021-03-30, 17:19 PM

Hello Platinum418,

Greetings.

You can check the support site and see if the current BIOS version of your machine matches the uploaded version on support site. Enter your machine serial number, go to Drivers and Software tab, click on Manual Update, check the BIOS drivers. If these match, you can then leave the BIOS version as it is.

You may try to uninstall the Lenovo Vantage application and then reinstall it from Microsoft store and then check if disabling the notification would take permanent effect.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

5 Posts

11-13-2020

Canada

5 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-04-06, 17:31 PM

Ok I uninstalled Lenovo Vantage. I don't think I will reinstall it unless it is absolutely necessary. What are the benefits of having Vantage installed and what problems might I face if I choose not to reinstall it?

Options

1797 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

110 Signins

10365 Page Views

• Views: 10365
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-04-07, 17:10 PM

Hi Platinum418,

Having a Lenovo Vantage installed allows you to access a few settings and features to your machine such as Always On USB feature, Quiet Fan mode, camera settings, display settings, hardware scan - to name a few. If you would decide not reinstall it, there would technically be no problems, just the fact that you might not be able to access some settings and features on computer that's only available and accessible through Lenovo Vantage.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms