English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

08-27-2020

AF

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

Ideapad Z710 shows black screen only.

2020-08-27, 10:53 AM

I have regularly switched off my Z710. After 4 days I wanted to restart the laptop. The blower is working, the keyboard as well as I can switch on and off the keyboard lights. But the screen remains black. What is also strange that after removing the battery and putting it back the laptop is starting automatically right away. That wasn't the case in the past. Same with power supply cable. Any ideas how this can be solved ? Thank you very much in advance for every suggestion.

Options

1234 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

144 Signins

6636 Page Views

• Views: 6636
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Ideapad Z710 shows black screen only.

2020-08-27, 11:09 AM

Hi Lioness,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Static Discharge

- Remove all cables attached to the device (power, hdmi, external mouse/keyboard, etc)

- Ensure device is switched OFF

- Hold down power button for 60 seconds

- Re-attach all cables, let charge for about 2 minutes.

- Try to start up as usual

In the event this does not work. Try using the Novo Button to start up the laptop, and enter the BIOS Utilities Menu. 

If successful:

- Choose the BIOS setup and navigate to the EXIT tab

- Press "Load Default Settings" / "Optimized Default"

- Save & Exit changes.

- Restart the device to see if you are able to boot properly.

- If you are still unable to boot, bu you are able to boot into BIOS/Recovery mode, please continue below:

OKR - One Key Recovery

**This is a complete factory reset of the computer

Loss of data can occur, so we advise you to backup your data if possible.

- Completely shut down the device.  

- Press the Novo Button. 

- Select System recovery and follow the recovery process.

If not successful. If the unit is without warranty. I'd probably try to open it up and perform to physically flash the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery for 5-10 seconds, then attaching it again. There are plenty of guides out there for this.

If within Warranty, then something went horribly wrong during the update. What is anyone's guess. I'd suggest contacting Lenovo support for your country directly (mail, e-ticket, phone) and see what can be done. Most likely it will have to be sent in to be assessed by an authorized technician.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete