English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

11-15-2018

GR

5 Signins

76 Page Views

• Views: 76
  • Message 1 of 3

Ideapad c340 wifi download speed irritating slow

2020-03-13, 0:18 AM

I got a new IdeaPad c340 (C340-14API Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81N6) last week, and most of the  time the wifi is practically unusable, pages take forever to open, youtube videos play at auto quality 144p and that too it is hard to load( to other devices they auto start at 720p or 1080p if available), Netflix needs hours to start ,if ever start...

I was surprised as my home connection runs VDSL at 50 mbps (and 5 mbps up).

I run speedtest to see the results 1.27 mbps download  (!!!!!!!!!!) and 3.71 up, I never see upload faster than download, I include link to test:

https://www.speedtest.net/result/9107842155

My desktop PC, other laptops, mobiles etc speedtest results are about 45 mbps download and 4.5 upload.

I run the test many times different days and always results are similar, and always upload is higher than download.

I download drivers today, what was suggested from this site after a scan, but no change.

My router is a ZTE ZXHN H168N (given by my ISP) and it works fine with any other wired or wireless device in my home.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Options

1 Posts

09-21-2020

IE

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Ideapad c340 wifi download speed irritating slow

2020-09-21, 10:46 AM

Im having the exact same problem, if you find a solution let me know!

Options

2 Posts

11-15-2018

GR

5 Signins

76 Page Views

• Views: 76
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Ideapad c340 wifi download speed irritating slow

2020-09-23, 12:24 PM

Hello, that time I spend hours on the phone with the support on my country (Greece) but got no solution.
I asked for replace from the shop I bought it and from Lenovo, but they told that my device has no problem (cause if I go NEXT to the router, speed is improving, but that cancels the purpose of a mobile device if you need to stuck in one place to be able to surf the internet) anyway they told that even if they replace, the problem will be the same, as all IdeaPad c340 line is  like this.

My other Lenovo device BTW, an old Tablet Tab 4 10 plus  has excellent speed all around the house, in case anyone thinks it is my house or my connection to blame.
Anyway first I've changed my router to a better one, I got a TP-Link AC1200 but that didn't solved the IdeaPad problem, all my other devices worked as usual, but the IdeaPad!!!
What saved me, and the IdeaPad, was my next purchase, a WiFi Range Extender ,Tp-Link RE200 - AC750.
I put it in the middle of the house, which is not very big anyway, but did the trick.
The cost was around 20 Euro but since I never had problem with other device I never thought to spend money to an extender (plus 60 Euro I paid for the router which was useless, as my old router was OK)  .
I hope this will help you.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete