English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

01-09-2021

PT

3 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 1 of 2

Ideapad gaming 3 hmdi 2.0 only 60hz

2021-01-09, 5:31 AM

I recentely bought a 165hz monitor that has hdmi 2.0, but when i connect it to my laptop: 'ideapad gaming 3 15IMH05' it only gives 60hz.

I've checked with the monitor and it is able to receive hmdi 2.0.

The thing is I bought the monitor because it has hdmi 2.0, since this ideapad gaming 3 doesnt have thunderbolt or DP.

And yes, I've tried to change the hz in the nvidia pannel and display settings, it's capped at 60hz.

Does this laptop hmdi 2.0 only gives 60hz? or is there any issue I'm not aware?

Options

702 Posts

05-14-2020

US

267 Signins

3400 Page Views

• Views: 3400
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Ideapad gaming 3 hmdi 2.0 only 60hz

2021-01-14, 1:36 AM

Hello,

Achieving a specific video mode can be challenging.  Often the choices available for refresh rate depend on how other settings are configured.

To help in additional questions, Exactly what Nvidia card is being used?  (The names can have subtle differences that are important.  Carefully type the description exactly. )

Are you sure the Nvidia card is actually running?  For testing enter the BIOS and set the toggle where the Nvidia card is the only video active.

Lastly enter the Nvidia settings screens and make adjustments on other features until the tab for refresh rate of your desired speed is activated.  (The human eye can seldom actually react to refresh rates faster than about 80 Hz....)

If this doesn't please you, what version of driver is installed?  (They are numbered something like 355.36  the higher the number the later the driver.)  the site Nvidia.com has the latest drivers.  Try to use their autodetect feature to make sure the driver you download is the best for the card you have.  Nvidia has LOTS of different cards, LOTS of different drivers.  Some of the drivers won't work at all with most cards.  Most of the drivers kind-of work with most cards, unless you want a specific mode.  Then only one or two drivers will work with your card to provide the desired mode.  If you have trouble plotting it out, enlist the help of a tax accountant to carefully review card capabilities, driver capabilities, and the mode you want to use.

Good Luck,

Usedtoberich

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms