English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-14-2020

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 6

Integrated Camera Shows Black Screen

2020-09-14, 21:55 PM

After spending the better part of two hours, I have decided to ask others for advice.  My integrated camera on my IdeaPad S340 only shows a black screen.  Here is what I have done so far.

1.  Uninstall the driver, reboot, and try the Windows Camera App again.   FAIL.
  2. Uninstall the camera via Device Manager, reboot, scan for hardware changes, install the Windows Recommended drivers, start the camera.  Same problem, FAIL.
  3. Uninstall the Windows Camera App, reboot, Uninstall the Camera, reboot, install the Camera driver from Lenovo, reboot, install the Windows Store Camera app, start the Camera app.  FAIL.
  4. Update the Radeon drivers, reboot, and repeat Step 3.  FAIL.
  5. Open Lenovo Vantage, go to Hardware Settings, and check the Camera settings.  It says that the Camera is in use by another application.  So, downloaded and installed Process Explorer and searching for the Camera based on the Physical Object Name.  Nothing there.  

I have made sure the the shutter for the Camera is open (which it is).  I have made sure that the F8 button to enable is disabled the camera is working and available for use.  I have checked the camera settings in Windows to make sure that all applications have access (which it has).

I am running McAfee anti-virus and firewall software.  I have turned it off to make sure that it wasn't causing a conflict.  FAIL.  Still doesn't work.

I'm losing my mind.  Please help!

Options

2 Posts

09-15-2020

AR

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 2 of 6

Re:Integrated Camera Shows Black Screen

2020-09-15, 16:11 PM

Same problem here, it must be something similar.

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad S340-14API 81NB00ADAR

Last 2 days i´ll try the same things, in the Event seccion of the devide says

El dispositivo USB\VID_174F&PID_2426&MI_00\7&36fbde15&1&0000 requiere más instalación.

(i´m from argentina)

In english should be read that the device requires more instalation, but when checked, controllers are up to date.

Options

2 Posts

09-15-2020

AR

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

Integrated Camera Shows Black Screen

2020-09-15, 17:09 PM
I´ve solved! the Fn F8 key, (the one the camera crossed out) was my problem. Just pressed and start working just fine. Tell me if the same happend to you
Options

2 Posts

09-14-2020

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2020-09-16, 19:08 PM

I had tried repeatedly with the F8 button.  That's not the problem.

When I open Lenovo Vantage, Hardware Settings, Audio/Visual, then Camera.  It says "Camera in use by another application".  Glad your problem is solved.

Mine is not.

Where is Lenovo Support to solve this problem.  Or Microsoft.

Options

2 Posts

09-16-2020

US

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 5 of 6

2020-09-17, 13:48 PM

I have same problem, have tried same fixes, no success.  My camera failure started with flashing horizontal lines through the image, then eventually went to all black.  When I turn the camera on now, I get a brief image, with the lines, then all black after a second or so.  All drivers are updated and system says camera is working, but it's not.

Options

1 Posts

10-11-2020

US

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 6 of 6

2020-10-11, 0:04 AM

HI, exactly the same happened to my Ideapad Flex 15IWL MODEL 81SR. Did you manage to fix it?@ Frank3388 wrote:

I have same problem, have tried same fixes, no success.  My camera failure started with flashing horizontal lines through the image, then eventually went to all black.  When I turn the camera on now, I get a brief image, with the lines, then all black after a second or so.  All drivers are updated and system says camera is working, but it's not.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete