Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

01-24-2017

United Arab Emirates

7 Signins

62 Page Views

• Views: 62
  • Message 1 of 8

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) drivers

2019-07-31, 7:34 AM

I hve an IdeaPad 510, the latest update I'm getting an error from Windows 10 update is the version of May  2019 version 1903, and this is blocking the update. I followed the link they provided: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4514156/updating-to-windows-10-version-1903-on-devices-with-certain-versions-o which advised to follow another link on Intel to download the driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28656/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver and after downloading and running the Setup file, it failed in updating the driver.

I initiated the Windows update manually which strangely it didn't start by itself after the keyboard froze completely and I had to drain the battery to be able to restart Windows. It was going in continuous endless rounds with the boot logo. This was the second time this thing happens.

Any help would be appreciated.

Answer
Options

Re: Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) drivers

2019-08-07, 16:55 PM

Did anyone of you even try installing the recommended driver version? I mean, it even gives you a suggestion. This version can be found on Intels webpage. Maybe it works.

Another workaround I read about is uninstalling the Intel RST via Device Manager (and checking the delete driver files box), that is also supposed to work.

Replies(7)
Options

6 Posts

01-24-2017

United Arab Emirates

7 Signins

62 Page Views

• Message 2 of 8

2019-08-05, 5:21 AM

Will appreciate a reply any time soon, twice a day I get the notifiaction that Windows cannot update due to this same error. If not from the community, maybe from the Lenovo technicians themselves.

Options

3 Posts

09-01-2017

United States of America

6 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 3 of 8

2019-08-07, 1:01 AM

I'm having the same issues with my system.  There was an update in the Lenovo Vantage, but it seems to have no effect on the update's ability to install.  I'm hoping we can both find help.

Matt

Flex 4-1580 Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 80VE

Answer
Options

2019-08-07, 16:55 PM

Did anyone of you even try installing the recommended driver version? I mean, it even gives you a suggestion. This version can be found on Intels webpage. Maybe it works.

Another workaround I read about is uninstalling the Intel RST via Device Manager (and checking the delete driver files box), that is also supposed to work.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

09-01-2017

United States of America

6 Signins

53 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2019-08-07, 17:09 PM

is there a link to the delete drive suggestion?  I was all over this last night, and the RST drivers all mention RAID arrays.  This is a little Yoga laptop and I couldn't even find the driver names they were looking for...

So, I did try installing the 

SetupRST

and

f6flpy-x64

but neither had an effect on my Yoga 4 1570

Options

2019-08-07, 17:12 PM

Does you laptop, by any chance, have Intel Optane? Maybe try the SetupOptane file then. Otherwise you can uninstall the driver, Windows will reinstall a proper driver.

Well, another recent thread just mentioned renaming the iastora file (RST driver) as an option but that apparently doesn't work for everybody and rather bricks the device. What happens when you install the latest driver? I mean, in theory it should work. I would recommend uninstalling the Intel RST driver via programs and functions menu or, if it is not listed there, uninstall it via device manager.

Options

6 Posts

01-24-2017

United Arab Emirates

7 Signins

62 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2019-08-08, 0:18 AM

I did install the SetupRST.exe file since 30 July and tried several times to run it and it failed to complete setup each time. Finally it completed running. Not sure what have changed on the system since but finally no more error message.

Thanks anyways, if it wasn't for your message I wouldn't have tried it again.

Options

3 Posts

09-01-2017

United States of America

6 Signins

53 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2019-08-08, 3:51 AM

Benji,

to add to your knowledge of the issue:

8/6/19 I downloaded setupRST from the intel site.  The file size was: 19,612

8/7/19 I downloaded again, it was an updated version:  The file size is 2,772.

The version that I downloaded today seemed to install as it actually asked to reboot, I am typing on the system right now, and the windows installer is happily working in the background.

Thanks for jumping in to help, it looks like you solved the issue for two of us.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms