English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

02-28-2019

BD

14 Signins

62 Page Views

• Views: 62
  • Message 1 of 2

Is there any extra slot for ssd?

2019-03-01, 2:10 AM

Hi ,

My laptop model number is 80xk ( lenovo ideapad 320- 14lKB U). Last month my laptop was suddenly fall down from table. After that my laptop's performance is very slow. It take 10 minutes to start. 

So what is problem with that you think? 

If that is Hard disk problem then i want to add SSD card. So is there extra SSD slot or i have to replace the HDD? 

If there is no extra slot for SSD then can i change with it the DVD drive ?

Thank you 

Options

11113 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6961 Signins

737514 Page Views

• Views: 737514
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Is there any extra slot for ssd?

2019-03-01, 21:49 PM

Hi Rifat08,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Checking with the product spec sheet unlike the 15 inch version, there is no option for an m.2 SSD slot for storage. Ideally the SATA harddrive can be upgraded with a SATA SSD there use a caddy for the HDD replacing the optical drive. 

Not much post here in the Community that have tried a caddy for this model yet but it maybe an option to explore.

Running diagnostics from apps like Lenovo Vantage can help check the drives integrity specially if the same harddrive shows the same findings when slaved on another machine.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Update us how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete